Chapter 1

When Merlin finally awoke, he was being bound in silver chains that were tight enough that he wouldn't be able to escape out of them without using magic, however, he thinks that if he lets her believe that she is in control, at least for a while, Morgause might be more agreeable to a conversation without any hostile reactions.

Initially his thought process is focused on a few things. First is estimating his surroundings, from which he deduces that they haven't moved him far, they'd just restrained him and were waiting for him to awake so the Blonde Witch can interrogate him.

The second thing is for how long he was knocked out because the thought of the situation in Camelot getting even worse than it already is making him nervous and uneasy.

And he knows that he can't let them see those emotions because it would be very bad for him if Morgause finds out that he knows what is happening with Uther and that she is working with Cenred.

So he forces himself to be brave on the outside and, for now, those worrying thoughts will have to be pushed aside as this talk will in all likelihood be a bumpy ride in more ways than one.

He is here for a very important reason that could change the course of the future for the better.

The Blood Guard dragged him to his knees and he looked up at the High Priestess, dressed in her armor, who was gazing at him thoughtfully.

The Young Warlock inwardly noted that this was it, the crucial moment, she will either believe him, or he is probably good as dead.

"You intrigue me Merlin. Why does a lowly servant continue to risk everything for Arthur and for Camelot? " She asked him with a slight curiosity showing on her face.

Before he could respond she continued with her questions "You know the answer, but you're not telling me. Why?"

"Come on. Time and again you put your life on the line. There must be a reason." The Blonde Witch repeated her question while she circled around him and then bent down in a squatting position on his right side.

He knew it was now or never. Inwardly deeply in contemplation, he tried to decide what the best reply to her series of questions would be so she wouldn't think he was lying about it or omitting even the tiniest bit of the truth in any way.

Finally Merlin decided to be direct with her so, even if this were to be his last moment, at least he would die with the knowledge that he had honored their father.

Yes before Balinor died, in the short time they were engaged in any conversation, he had told his son that he has or had had, since he wasn't sure if she was still alive, a sister called Morgause and, if by any chance she was still out there somewhere that he should find her and tell her that despite the fact that the last time Balinor had seen her was when she was just an infant he had never forgotten her and had kept her always in his heart.

Naturally, the Young Warlock was totally flabbergasted when he heard those words flying out of Balinor's mouth.

The only thing Merlin knew about Morgause was that she was a powerful witch who hated Uther Pendragon with an enormous passion and most likely Arthur too, although not as much as his despicable father.

But in spite of not having a very good opinion of his newly found sister so far, he was firmly determined to tell her what their father had told him in the brief time they had interacted with each other.

He finally chose to take the opportunity and proposed his compromise to the Blonde Priestess "I will answer all your questions with honesty, if you answer one of mine."

Noting no protest from her but only a facial expression that urged him to continue, he telepathically questioned her, in a rhetorical sense from his perspective since he already knew the answer, "Would I be lying if I said your father's name is Balinor?"