Chapter twelve

After dinner, another surprise awaited me.

"Where are we going?" I said, still feeling giddy.

"You'll see." Augustus said. "And when you do, you'll love it."

We decided to walk, the thing he wanted to show me being only a block away. Gus suggested that we drive there at first, but when I heard how short the distance was, I insisted that we walk.

We rounded a corner, coming to a stop in front of a house, and he pulled the keys out of his pocket. I felt excited. He opened the door to a beautifully designed kitchen. I gasped.

"Oh my god!" I said, bewildered.

The kitchen had a large counter and big clear cupboards, already containing a few dishes. In the middle of the kitchen was an island with a gift basket on it that had a card that said, "Congratulations!" The kitchen was huge, with a lot of space to move around. And that was just the kitchen.

"Augustus..." I was speechless.

"Ohhhh! Did I say apartment?" I looked over at him. "I meant gorgeous house that my parents just got from the company they just bought." He said sarcastically.

I stared at him. He shrugged his shoulders and grinned. "Whoops."

I pointed a finger at him. "You don't have to spoil me."

He pointed back. "Ahh, but I can." He said, still grinning.

I couldn't help but laugh. "Come on," he said offering his hand. "Lets go see the rest of the house." I took it and we walked into the dining room.

The room had a table with six chairs surrounding it and had a carpet underneath it. There was a shelf off to the side, containing a few China dolls.

"My mom didn't want those." Gus said. "She figured you might like them."

"I love them." I said. "I love this house, thank you so much!" I hugged him, a little over excited. I looked at him. "I love you." I whispered. He dipped down to kiss me.

"I love you too." he said, smiling at me. "Now let's go see the rest of the place."

***

The rest of the house was absolutely incredible. There were two living rooms, three guest bedrooms and five floors in total. There was the basement first, so big that you could throw a party with fifty people in that one part of the house. The second was where you walked in from the front door, where you would find the main kitchen(there were two kitchens too), the first living room and the dining room as well. The third floor had the guest bedrooms and the second living room. The second living room wasn't as big as the first, but it was still huge. The fourth floor had our room, a tiny office and a smaller kitchen.

As I went to open the bedroom door, Gus stopped me. "Let's save that for last." he said.

"Okay." I said, following him upstairs. The fifth floor was the attic. There wasn't much to see, just a few boxes with nothing in them.

"Okay." Gus said as I looked over in his direction. "Time for the best room of all." He almost ran down the stairs, pulling me with him to the bedroom door.   "Drumroll please!" He said playfully.   I laughed as I gently but swiftly beat the wall with my palms.   When he opened the door I gasped.   Our bedroom was huge. It had a king size bed and there were two large dressers, one for each of us and a nightstand on each side of the bed. There was a chandelier in the middle of the ceiling, shining beautifully.

I just stood there, totally silent.   You could hear a pin drop.   "I have no words, Gus, I... this is wonderful!" I laughed as he picked me up and swung me around into a dip. It was as if we were dancing.

He put his mouth close to my ear and whispered, "I love you Hazel, and you're so beautiful."

I looked back up at him."Thank you Gus." I smiled as he came down and pressed his soft lips against mine, picking me up and gently setting me on the bed. Then he pulled back, looking me straight in the eyes. I saw the seriousness in his face and I had to ask, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." he said, still staring into my eyes.   "It's just...so much has just changed."

I smiled. "I know exactly what you mean."

He smiled back. "What do you mean?"

"Well for starters, we have our own house together where no one will bother us and we can do what we want." I said mischievously.

He looked at me, still smiling and leaned back on the bed, which was longer than him, and pulled me down with him and started kissing me again.   He put his hand on my shoulder and the other on my cheek as we were laying down on the bed.   I had one hand on his arm and the other on his neck, just feeling both of us where we were and thinking of only us and nothing else in the world.