Chapter Seven: The Chambers

Start from the beginning

"Weren't you saying just last night that you've known all along where the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets is?" Snape called out his bluff.

Lockhart went silent, clearly he didn't.

"That's settled. We'll leave you to deal with the monster, Gilderoy." McGonagall said after a moment of thinking.

"Your skills, after all, are legend."

"Very well." He grinned.

"Uh- I'll just be in my office getting... Getting ready."

He then walked off, looking rather smug.

"Who is it that the monster's taken, Minerva?" Madam Pomfrey asked.

"Ginny Weasley." She answered, sighing.

Ron's mouth instantly dropped at the news as the professor's left, revealing the note to the boys.

"Her skeleton will lie in the Chamber forever." Ron read out, his voice shaky.

"Ginny."

"Ginny? That little girl Harry and I met at the train station on our first year?" Y/N finally remembered who she was.

"We have to go." Harry pulled the other two behind him towards Lockhart's classroom.

"Lockhart may be useless, but he's going to try and get into the Chamber." He said as they ran.

"I highly doubt that coward is actually going to though-" Y/N shouted as they ran into the room to find Lockhart packing all his things.

"Are you going somewhere?" Harry spat at Lockhart who stood there like a deer in headlights.

"Well- yes. Urgent call. Unavoidable. Got to go." Lockhart stuttered before continuing to pack his belongings.

"What about my sister?!" Ron fumed.

"Well... As to that, most unfortunate. No one regrets more than I." Lockhart stammered, his voice in a bit of a panic.

"You're the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher! You can't go now!" Ron argued, raising his voice.

"Well I must say, when I took the job, there was nothing in the description-"

"So you've finally shown your true colours?" Y/N cut Lockhart off, standing in front of the door and crossing his arms.

"After all that stuff you did in your books?" Harry added.

"You couldn't have possibly believed those books, could you, Harry?" Y/N raised an eyebrow, leaning into the door.

"He's a phony."

"My books wouldn't have sold as well if people didn't think I'd done those things!" Lockhart shouted at them as if it could defend his actions.

"Is there anything you can do?" Ron questioned Lockhart who stood in front of them with a scowl.

"Yes, now that you mention it. I'm rather gifted with Memory Charms. Otherwise you see, all those wizards that actually did all those things would have gone blabbing. I'd never have sold another book." Lockhart pulled out his wand and pointed it at the boys.

"In fact, I'm going to have to do the same to you."

Y/N instantly drew his wand, pointing it at Lockhart before he could do anything.

"Shall we see who's faster, Professor?" Y/N glared at him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Who's there?" Myrtle hissed as the group walked into the bathroom.

Y/N pointed his wand behind Lockhart, making sure he didn't have a chance of escaping.