Chapter 17

Megan Taylor

The ride to the airport was silent. None of us wanted this trip to end. I was sat in the passenger seat, Matt was driving. His hand resting on my
knee, savouring our last few moments together.

To be honest, I was terrified to go back home. I got so dependent on the triplets while living in America to the point where I didn't have anyone else.

We all stood out of the van, none of us daring to speak. Chris helped Katie and I grab our suitcases from the trunk of the van. We both muttered a small "thanks" to him.

Katie walked up to hug me goodbye as we set foot
inside the airport. I wrapped my arms tightly around her waist as hers went around my neck.

"I'm going to miss you" I whispered into her hair.

"I'm going to miss you more" She pulled away from me, a stay tear ran it's way down her face.

I reached over and wiped the tear from her face.

"Promise me you'll keep in touch"

"I will, you should come visit later this year" She says back to me.

"I will"

I gave her one last hug as she goes to hug Nick.

"Hey" I hear a whisper. I turn around to see Chris standing behind me. He pulls me into a tight hug. I breathe out, relaxing into his arms.

"See you soon yeah?" He said looking into my eyes as he pulled away.

"Yeah" I rest my hand on his cheek before turning away.

Nick then walks up to me, Matt over at Katie.
He looks at me sadly before pulling me into a hug.

"Don't miss me too much" He said, his voice breaking.

"Are you crying?" I asked him, pulling away slightly looking at him.

"No" He said looking away. I gave him another quick hug.

"Don't cry" I looked at him "It's only a month"

He smiled at me, stepping back. I look up to see Matt looking at me sadly. I walk over to him, instantly throwing my arms around his shoulders.

We stood there, hugging for a few minutes, just breathing in and out savouring our last moments together.

He pulls back looking at my lips before leaning in. I placed my lips on his, slowly kissing him. Tears sting my eyes as I curse at myself for being upset. Matt notices my change of mood, he stops kissing me. He places his thumb on my chin, bringing my head up to look at him.

"Hey stop crying" He wipes my tears away, my lip quivering.

"I'm going to miss you"

"I'm going to miss you more, it's only a month we'll be fine" He tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear.

I lean in to kiss him one more time, knowing if I spent any more time here I'd miss my flight. I pull away for the last time and stare into his eyes. I gently caress his cheek with my thumb, smiling sadly at the boy I care about most in this world.

"I'll see you guys soon okay" I say as I walked away from the group, wiping the tears off my face.

Forty minutes later I found myself sat on the plane by myself, wishing Matt was beside me. I slept the whole plane ride home, grateful I had the whole row to myself.

I walked out of the airport to see my brother Luke, standing by his car waiting for me. I walked up to him giving him a quick hug.

"Hey Meg" He said once we got settled in the car.

"Hi" I smiled at him. We spent the rest of the car ride chatting about how our lives were the past two weeks.

"So, Matt huh" He winked at me as we neared our house.

"Yeah he's my boyfriend" I smiled.

"I may have a chat with him so"

"Luke stop" I rolled my eyes, exiting the car as we stopped. Luke smiled at me as he entered the house. I quickly greeted my parents before heading up to my room.

I messily unpacked my suitcase while listening to some music.

Matt🤍
You home?

I forgot to text Matt, remembering as his name popped up on my phone screen.

Meg💗
Yeah xx

Matt🤍
I miss you

Meg💗
Why are you so clingy

Matt🤍
Shut up

I texted Matt for a little while ultimately deciding to get ready for bed. I had a quick shower and laid down in bed.

MeganTaylor

Tiffany.Smith replied to your story
Hey girl, I live in Mass if you
would like to hang out
anytime!!

MeganTaylor
You are such a life saver!
I would love too

Tiffany.Smith
Omg I didn't think you would
respond
When are you free?

MeganTaylor
Whenever you are is fine with me

Tiffany.Smith
Does tomorrow work?
Sorry if it's too late notice

MeganTaylor
Tomorrows fine

Tiffany.Smith
I can bring a few
of my other friends
if you want

MeganTaylor
Omg, that would be great

Tiffany.Smith
See you tomorrow
I'll text you the details❤️

MeganTaylor
❤️

I fell asleep with a smile on my face, excited for what tomorrow brings.

A/N
Sorry it took so long to bring out this chapter and how short it is!
New chapters soon xx