Chapter 35: The squad meet

"Thanks for preparing such a sumptuous meal for us, hyung. We really appreciate it, that you found enough time to cook all these,  even after just barely having Junseo," Jungkook beamed at Jin, who mirrored his actions, and waved it off.

Jungkook, Taehyung, and Yoongi were at Namjoon and Seokjin's residence, because the second eldest of the group, Yoongi, said he had an important news for them all. So, Seokjin also used that medium to cook a literal feast for the group, because it had been a while since they all met, and sat together, to bask in each other's warmth. Since, the past few months had been hell for them all, and Seokjin also just went through a complicated surgery to give birth to his, and Namjoon's child, Junseo.

"It's fine, Gguk. I'm actually scared that you're acting weirdly by thanking me for food, because you never do, you're always such a brat. Taehyung must have really changed you," Seokjin teased the ravenette male, who just huffed, and drew the said Taehyung closer to himself.

"Yes, he did, I'm grateful for that, his ass, and most importantly his personality changed me," Jungkook uttered, to which Taehyung playfully smacked him on his shoulder, and withdrew himself from his hold, emitting a hearty wave of guffaws from the group.

"Let's dig in, hyung, I'm dying of hunger here," Yoongi snorted, and they all narrowed their gazes at him, because that was the first word Yoongi had said, since his arrival at the Kim's residence.

They all nodded in unison, and consequently thanked Seokjin for the food, making the gorgeous male brim with shyness.

After they were done with the lunch, Taehyung and Jungkook washed the dishes together, and cleaned them, before rearranging them back into the kitchen cabinet, while exchanging cheeky kisses at short intervals, making the elder males feign barfing sounds at their antics.

Seokjin then brought out desserts, which consisted of a medium sized ice cream cake, and strawberry flavored milkshake for the group, erupting another bouts of gratitude from the group.

After that, they all retired to the warm, cozy, and tiny backyard garden Namjoon had built before Junseo's birth, as they ate the sweets, and prepared to listen to Yoongi.

Taehyung was slowly starting to come to terms with Jimin's death, he had thankfully refrained from cuddling with Jimin's framed picture that Jungkook had securely hid far away in his parents' basement, and with Jungkook's persuasion, decided on seeking psychological help, and that had improved his health totally, much to his boyfriend's relief.

"So, I have something to tell you guys," Yoongi began quietly, after taking a sip of the fruit shake.

"What is it, Hyung?" Taehyung asked, with a gentle smile, directed at the smaller male.

"I thought about it for a long time, and to help myself heal faster, I've decided to move to the US," Yoongi said, with a sigh.

An awkward, tension-filled, eerie quiet eroded the garden, as they all digested Yoongi's sudden  utterance.

"T-That's nice, Hyung. It's a wonderful decision, and I'm glad you thought it through," Taehyung broke the silence, grinning tightly at Yoongi.

"Thanks Taehyung-ah," Yoongi replied the younger.

"I'm happy for you, hyung. What matters is the fact that you're happy," Jungkook said, to which Yoongu just nodded with a tiny smile quirking up his mouth, and the group hummed.

"So, what are you going to do there? Are you going to continue studying, or will it just be making music like that?" Namjoon mused.

"Well, I'm taking a year off, or two maximum when I get there, I need to work a little to gather enough, and I don't want to combine studying with working, I may eventually quit studying though, but let's just see how it goes, because at the moment, my mind is too distorted," Yoongi explained, and they all hummed.

"The head of my department, Bang si hyuk ssi, connected me to one of his producer friends abroad, and he agreed to take me under his wings for a while. I will do that on the side too, and hope everything goes well," Yoongi trudged on, shrugging.

"Don't worry, hyung. You're a born producer, I'm sure everything will go perfect," Namjoon assured, patting the elder's back.

"I agree with Joonie, Yoongi. Just do your best, and I'm sure your work will speak perfectly for you, always know you have me, and you can tell me everything, and I mean anything, I will do my best to listen, and advice you nicely," Seokjin smiled, stretching out his arm to Yoongi, who took it with a touched smile, and squeezed their interwined hands together.

"We also have something to say," Jungkook started, and interlocked his fingers with Taehyung's.

The curious looks on the three elder males, gave Jungkook the green light, coupled with the cursory, encouraging nod his boyfriend gave him.

"We're moving to Japan in a month's time. I want to further my education there, and Taehyung is transferring, the therapist advised that, since everything around us reminds T of Ji-him," Jungkook mused, and the three older males just nodded sympathetically.

"You're all leaving Joonie, and I all alone, what will we do without you three? And Hobi rarely has time for us, now that Jinyoung's due date is just a few days away." Seokjin pouted sadly, and Taehyung could see the way tears clouded in his eyes, which the elder make quickly willed away, by blinking.

"Hyung, don't worry, we are always together mentally, and emotionally. I promise to always facetime you ten times a day," Taehyung pledged to Seokjin, miming a determined countenance.

"Make it fifteen," Seokjin mused.

"Okay hyung," Taehyung agreed, and caressed Seokjin's hand.

"I will miss you all so much, even if you are all brats," Yoongi huffed, and they all chuckled heartily, knowing Yoongi didn't mean any of it.

After a long while of chattering, coupled with work, and studies discussion, the group splited with Jungkook, Taehyung, and Yoongi biding the Namjin couple goodbye, and trekking to their respective cars.

"Taehyung-ah," Yoongi yelled out, as Taehyung made to snag Jungkook's car open.

"Yes, hyung,"

"Promise me, that we will both meet in front of Jimin's new home, exactly in a year's time," Yoongi uttered.

Taehyung halted his actions, to ruminate on Yoongi's words, before bracing himself to smile at the elder male.

"I promise you, hyung. I have stuff to also yell at him," Taehyung said.

"Okay, take care of yourselves, and Areumie, bye," Yoongi waved shortly, before hopping into his car, and driving off.

+++
"I'm so proud of you, baby," Jungkook said to Taehyung, placing a gentle peck on his forehead, when they  had gotten to the safety of their apartment.

"Thanks, I'm proud of me, too," Taehyung gruffed, and they both laughed in unison.

"But really, you are so strong, baby," Jungkook said, after they had both recovered from their laughing attack.

"I know," Taehyung uttered, in a small voice, snuggling closer to Jungkook.

"Let's sleep, babe," Taehyung muttered, and flapped his eyes close.

"Okay, my love," Jungkook smiled, and held his boyfriend tighter.

He chuckled innerly, when Taehyung started snoring lightly, the younger male was such a light sleeper.

Though, he didn't blame Taehyung, it was the first time since they had liberation from Areum in a long while, as Taehyung's parents had offered to babysit her for the day. So, Jungkook knew they both deserved a long sleep to prepare themselves for the next day when the princess of their household would arrive.

With that reckoning, he also drifted off to sleep, with his arms wrapped warmly around Taehyung, like a burrito blanket.