Chapter 28: Happily ever after?

"I'm sorry Mr Jeon, but Taehyung lost so much blood and is currently in the intensive care unit,the impact of the bullet caused extreme shock to him coupled with the stress of the kidnap.

"The shock also caused him to go into premature labor and we had to operate on him to save the baby and your partner sir",the doctor concluded with a sympathetic look directed at Jungkook.

"S-so,w-w-hen can I see Taehyung and our baby?"

"You can see them anytime but only the father of the baby is allowed to see the baby because the baby is currently depending on machines to survive, but you can see Taehyung now only one person is allowed to go at a time though and you have to adhere to the guidelines"

"Yes, sure Doctor, thanks for everything", Jungkook said as he wiped the stray tears on his cheek.

"My pleasure,Mr Jeon",the doctor said and shook hands with Jungkook before bowing and proceeding to attend to other patients.

"Namjoon Hyung, Tae will be okay at the end of all these right?"

"Yes Kook,Our Tae is a brave little one, everything will be fine at the end of the day",The elder said bringing Jungkook into one of his fatherly hugs.

"I-where is Jin Hyung?", Jungkook asked only just noticing the absence of the eldest male.

"He stepped out for a bit of fresh air, he said the hospital air was making him nauseous"

"Oh,is he alright?"

"Yes,he is,1st trimester pregnancy problems I guess", Namjoon said with an hint of blush on his cheeks.

"Hyung?!!!"

"Jin Hyung is pregnant?"

"And I'm just finding out about it?, that's so unfair", Jungkook pouted making Namjoon chuckle and relieved that the younger was cheering up a bit.

"We only just recently found out ourselves,we thought he got food poisoning or it was just an allergy too,so yeah"

"Wow, that's so cool"

"How many months gone is he?"

"We just reached the ten weeks mark two days ago,I even only just realized that with all the Jimin problems", Namjoon said and immediately smacked his mouth when he saw Jungkook's changed mood.

"I'm sorry kook,aish my big mouth",he grumbled to himself.

"No, it's fine Hyung,I should go see Tae now, Excuse me", Jungkook forced a smile at Namjoon before leaving for the intensive care unit.

He was given a scrub and nose mask with handgloves before he entered the ward.

The ravenette felt his heart cut when he saw Taehyung on the bed looking so vulnerable and lifeless with so many machines and tubes attached to his small and fragile body, his once vibrantly beautiful glowing skin now looked so pale and gaunt,his plump rosy pink lips looked pale too and his face was deathly white.

Jungkook immediately took a seat on the chair near the bed when he felt his legs grow weak, his Taehyung was on the bed in a deadly battle with life and death.

How Jungkook wished he was the one on the bed in such pains instead of his beloved Tae.

"Taehyungie, my baby,my Taebear why do you look so lifeless?"

"My beautiful angel please come back to me,Melon and I need you, I'm lost in life without you, You're the reason I live, you're the air that I breathe, without you life has no meaning to me"

"Get up my baby bear, please get up and slap me even or yell at me that you hate me, I'll gladly listen to you curse at me than for you to be non responsive and still like this, you're scaring me Tae, I'm so sorry for being such a failure of a father to our melon and a failure of a boyfriend to you,I hope you forgive me"

"Taehyung my doll,my Taehyung I love you so so much darling, sweetheart wake up soon okay?"

"We still have to name Melon together,I will allow you name her whatever name you want, we still have to watch Melon crawl, take her first steps, accompany her to kindergarten on her first day, Middle school and High School too".

"We have to scare her boyfriend/girlfriend not to mess with our dumpling,we have to attend her high school and college graduation and her wedding too".

"We have to be grandparents too to our Dumpling's kids, though that would happen in thirty or thirty five years from now", Jungkook chuckled.

"I will go now and let you rest a little love,I love you so so much baby", Jungkook whispered as tears rolled down his cheeks leaning down to peck the younger's forehead.

Jungkook closed the ward's door and walked lifelessly back to the reception area immediately sighting Jin and Namjoon sitting together on the chairs with Jin's head resting on Namjoon's shoulder.

Jin saw him approaching them and immediately stood up to meet him pulling him into a hug without any words said, Jungkook just basking in the warmth of the elder leaving Namjoon to just stand awkwardly.

"It hurts so much Hyung, Why us?"

"It kills me to see my Tae in such a position knowing I'm too useless to do anything to help, knowing I partly caused this frustrates me even more Hyung", Jungkook wept freely.

"No, Kook you're wrong, you are not at fault stop blaming yourself for this, Taehyung won't like this and you have to be there for Melon"

"Jin Hyung,Tae hates me so much right now, what if he wakes up and breaks up with me abs leave Melon and I alone,wha-"

"Easy Kookie, calm down,take a deep breath and calm down okay,stop overthinking stuff, Taehyung doesn't and can never hate you okay?"

"I'm sure there is a mix up somewhere, that fucked up son of a bitch called Jimin probably said or did something to him, let's just wait until he wakes up then we'll know where to go from here, okay?"

"Now,smile, let me see that bunny smile, my baby doesn't need a sad uncle", Jin huffed in exaggeration.

"I almost forgot Hyung, Congratulations on your baby Hyung, I'm really happy for you and Namjoonie Hyung, you both will make such great parents".

"Thank you darling, you need to take a shower and eat something".

"No, I'm ac-"

"Nonsense,Joonie and I are here, you can quickly go shower and eat something, we aren't leaving anytime soon",

"I-", Jungkook started at the brink of tears.

"Thank you so much Guys, you really are the best"

"No problem Kook, that's what we're here for", Namjoon grinned.

"I'll see you guys soon, then", Jungkook said before leaving for his and Tae's apartment hoping for the best.

___________________

I'm honestly so proud to be an Army and also proud of BTS 🥺
My men slayed at the UN..
And Did y'all see James Corden shii?
Damn they just keep betraying bts 😤😤😤
And also stream My Universe 🥺🥺
I can't get enough of that song, Taekook vocals though🥺...