CHAPTER 6

Crowd | Space

"Alam niyo na ba ang bagong tsismis? Pinakawalan niya daw 'yong nagnakaw sa lupain nila noong nahuli!" a woman exaggeratedly shared the rumor. Another woman then lowly grasped on the statement.

"Oo, alam ko! Panigurado kasabwat niya 'yon.."

"Kasabwat? Ni sino?" tanong naman noong babaeng humihigop noong soft drinks niya.

Tatlo silang ang nagbubulong-bulongan sa harapan noong sari-sari store na parang hindi ko sila naririnig. Tinuro ako noong isang babae pero agad naman siyang sinuway noong isa.

"Bobo, wag mong ituro. Hindi ka ba natatakot?"

I slowly but calmly walked towards them. I gave them my piercing eyes and my furrowed brows.

"I can hear you.." I firmly said and immediately left the place while being annoyed.

Just when I thought that everything's gradually getting calmer and I'm subsiding, they'll brought another issue and ruin my mood.

Behind the fascinating sceneries here in Terra de Ouro, there are really ugly figures that try to ruin it. But I guess, that's just how life works. When there is good, there is bad.

I became grumpier later that afternoon. It was around 5:30 when I hailed a king cab, with the intention of isolating myself somewhere that is quiet.

But along the way, a figure of a man that I'm somehow familiar with caught my eyes. It was Vin. Walking on the street.

But when I thought that it was just him there are another three figure appeared behind him.

This time, it was Kal and the Harr Twins.

These lads are famous for being the varsity players on our school that even neighboring towns knew about them.

And, believe it or not, they are some of the few people who doesn't look and gossips me that way. But that also doesn't mean that we are good in any way. I'm still uncomfortable with them and they are also uncomfortable with me, most especially with the other members of the varsity team.

As the king cab's getting nearer on where they are, I'm constantly swearing for them not to hail this cab.

I was about to completely turn my head for them not to identify me when Kal caught my eyes. So, instead of hiding, I gave him my gloomy glare, tried to give him my do-not-dare look. He shrugged his shoulders, and instead of ignoring me, he waved his hand and presented a smile on his face.

Oh, for Pete's sake.

Vin also raised his hand with the intention of hailing the cab. I don't know if he noticed me on it, but it looks like he didn't until the cab stopped beside them.

"Ey.." Kal greeted. "Saan punta mo?"

Nagkatinginan naman si Vin at ang kambal, mukhang nalilito na nagaganap.

"Ah mga pare, si Klei nga pala.." walang kaalam-alam na pakilala nito. "Klei, si Vin, Tee, at Lee.."

I didn't move as silence surrounded us. Awkwardness were written on our whole face, except for Tul. No one tried to say or do anything, until Kal noticed the silence and looked at the one of the two twin. Tee or Lee, I don't know who, whispered on Kal's ears but loud enough for us to hear it.

"Sa sunod na cab nalang siguro tayo sasakay?"

"Ano sa susunod? Bakit? Dito na lang.." Kal insisted at nauna nang sumakay sa cab, katabi ko.