CHAPTER 3

Desired Menu.

"Say..." sabi ko upang humarap siya sa akin muli. "Would you be interested to be my model?"

"Ha?"

"Uh-Model?" I mimicked him.

He gave me a confused look at nagkatitigan kami, pero ako rin ang unang kumawala.

"Forget it.." I finally said and decided to leave him there and continue my walk alone. "Just go.."

"Bakit?" he asked. Napahinto ako at nilingon ko siya. This time, his face was surprisingly serious-which was a little uncomfortable for me. Akala ko ang pagiging exaggerated lang ang alam nito. Naturuan rin naman palang sumeryoso.

Wierd.

Nagsukatan kami ng tingin sa ilan pang segundo pero hindi siya natitinag.

Kaya binuwal ko na lang ito sa pamamagitan ng paglalakad pabalik sa kanya sabay lagpas dito nang hindi nagsasalita.

I sat on the floor of sand and made my two hand as a support behind my back. We're on the shade of a tree. I looked up and met the blue sky, where birds freely maneuver their wings and fly. Around ten. I guessed the time.

And then, when he lowered himself and sat on his bended knees, I finally told him about my situation.

"We own this resort. And it's been my pride and joy since noon. It keeps me distracted and ensures I'm still in my sane.

I like watching tourists passes by. The crowd where no one pay attention to me, does not know me, ironically, makes me feel alive and unconstrained.

But lately, The visitors of this beach are declining, so as the sales of the business. I then thought that I needed to do something to encourage people and let them know how beautiful this paradise is.." I playfully wrote 'photography' on the wet sand. Contradictory to how people knew me. They always have this some kind of fear in their eyes or pity when they see me, I don't know which one exactly. And always think that I'm not capable of doing such childish acts or happy things.

I am capable, right?

"So, my conclusion is photography. And then, there's you. Undressing in the front of me.."

"So..." his chaff smile and voice are back again. "Ang ibig mong sabihin, nagagandahan ka sa'kin?"

My face become sullen upon realizing that he's probably a bad idea. He's only interested in making fun of me. Or not at all. I'm the one who dragged him here. I should have expected this from him. But at least, I tried, right?

Saglit kong sinuri ang kanyang kabuoan. Nanghihinayang ako.

"N-nah, forget about it.." finally dismissing the topic. "I have other ways.." I lied, this is the only way I know. People from this town hardly interact with me, and this guy... Why am I slipping this opportunity easily, anyway?

Is this even an opportunity?

My blood suddenly boiled up with the thought. Heat immediately run onto my face which may be because of annoyance, or embarrassment, or both.

"Sorry for wasting your time. You're free to go..."

I stood up and decided to leave. Final decision. My stomach was also asking for some food already. I haven't eaten yet. He didn't say anything so I took that as him turning me down.

***

Small town, indeed.

Malaki ang posibilidad na makikita at makikita ko siya ulit. And I didn't expect this to be this soon.