Sad Backstories & Moving In

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, well, you died diffusing an IED, apparently and have no relationship with any of your family. You also survived being set on fire in a patrol car by a fellow officer and nearly murdered by a guy with talons. So, I guess we all got stuff."

"Yeah, like I said. Supernaturals have sad backstories and weird traumas." He said. "But at least we have each other." He said, cuddling her closer.

"Oh yeah. Being harbingers of death breeds romance." She said sarcastically.

"Definitely. I'm glad you agree." He said. "Not to mention I saved your life that one time and you told everyone Stiles saved you."

"You both saved me that day. I've told you that a million times."

"Right. Because I'm a hellhound, it's my job to save people, but since Stiles is a human, he didn't have to. Gotcha."

"Technically, as a deputy, it is your job to save people, and since Stiles is an FBI agent, it's also his job to save people." She teased.

"I could be an FBI agent if I wanted to." He joked.

"You could do anything, Jordan. But I don't think the FBI would appreciate someone stealing their dead bodies." She said, tilting her head.

"That is a good point. You're so smart." He said, turning to look into her eyes and brushed her hair behind her ear. She smiled. He always had a wave of making her feel so loved. It was insane to her how much he truly loved her and how much he respected her. She loved how much he admired her mind as well as thinking she was beautiful. Jordan was so different from any other guy she had dated. They had been boys, where Jordan was a man. She leaned in and kissed his lips. He buried his hands in her hair and smiled into the kiss. She never got tired of kissing him. It was like they had always meant to be together. It just felt right. They pulled apart.

"I love you, Jordan." She whispered like it was a secret for just the two of them to know.

He smiled widely. "I love you too, Lydia. I always will."

"You're such a sap." She grinned.

"You make me a sap." He joked. She smiled and rested her forehead against his.

"I love you so damn much, you know that?" She asked, gazing into his green eyes.

"I love you too, Lyds. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. And I'm glad you asked me out that day six months ago."

"Yeah, well, you weren't going to do anything about it."

He chuckled. "I was trying to be a gentleman. We met when you were seventeen, and I was twenty-four. I couldn't exactly ask you out right away." He reminded her.

"You could have asked me out when I turned eighteen."

"I wanted to, but I thought it might be weird. I didn't want to be the creep hitting on a high school student."

"So, you had to wait until I got into university?"

He shrugged. "I would've asked you out eventually." He defended, clasping her hands in his.

"No, you would've waited until I was forty, and you were grey and balding." She joked.

"If that's how long it took." He smiled.

She shook her head. "Jordan, I love you, but you're an idiot. I would've said yes regardless."

He shook his head and tangled one hand in her hair. "You needed to figure it out with Stiles, first. You owed it to yourself, and I didn't want to step in if he was the person you deserved to end up with."

"Well, I did figure it out. Stiles and I are better as friends. And you and I are better together." She brought their interlocked hands to her lips and kissed his knuckles. "You're the one I deserve to end up with."

"You really think so?"

"Of course, I do."

His eyes lit up. "Give me a second?" He asked, a lightbulb practically appearing over his head. She nodded and let go of his hands. He got up and headed to the bedroom. She smiled to herself, so hopelessly in love with this man. The man who had never made her feel like she was just some dumb kid, or just someone to find the dead bodies, not just a girl only admired for her body. Jordan loved her for her. Not who she seemed or the idea of who she could be, but he loved her for who she was. He loved her brains and beauty as well as her successes and faults. Not even Stiles had loved her like that and not the ones before him. She heard footsteps returning, and she shook herself out of her thoughts. She noticed right away the change in his face. He seemed nervous.

"Babe, what's wrong?" She asked, getting worried. He smiled in response and walked over to the couch. He grabbed something from his pocket and got on one knee in front of her.

"Will you do me the honour of moving in with me?" He asked, pulling out a key.

"Aw, Jordan." She chuckled and took the key from his hand. "Yes, I will move in with you. But you do realize you just made it seem like you were going to propose, right?"

"Yeah. That might have been a bad idea." Jordan replied. "Sorry about that." He winced.

"There's always next time." She joked, adding the key to her keychain.