Confirmation - 29

Start from the beginning

As you walked to the elevator and pressed the top floor your heart began to race.

You were nervous.

Not only did you need answers, you also had a job to perform as his assistant. Avoiding him wasn't an option. You'd have to face him.

What would you say?

Would you say anything? Were you just overthinking?

Was this reasonable... at all?

Your thoughts were interrupted by the elevator dinging, signifying that you had reached the floor. You walked out as the doors opened. Again, there was a buzz of excitement and people chattering on the floor, more than usual.

You noticed Mr Fox amongst a few other people, and walked over to them. 

"I heard that Mr Wayne is here today..."

Fox smiled, turning to look at you. "Yes that would be correct."

"Where is he now?" 

"I believe he left 30 minutes ago. He seemed unwell, and left during a short meeting."

You nodded your head. "Thank you"

As you walked away, you felt a twisted sense of relief but also uneasiness that you wouldn't be seeing Bruce today. You walked towards his office, where you would normally gather files that were left there for you.

You approached his office door, opening it, humming slightly to distract yourself from the thoughts you were having. You needed to focus on your work, even if that work was for Bruce. 

You shut the door behind you, and set a few of your things on the table next to the door. You heard the sound of labored breathing.

Your eyes shot up towards the lounge/couch area of Bruce's office and your eyes widened, noticing him sitting there.

"Oh- Bru-Mr- Wayne..."

He was really there.

His back was facing you, as he sat on the couch. He slowly turned his neck/ body to look at you, you noticed his jaw clench and his eyes squint as he clutched at his side. "Y/n, or should I say y/n-Miss-l/n" 

You bit your lip smiling a little, but growing concerned at the way he reacted to turning to look at you. 

"Are you okay?" 

His face turned from a slight smile into a frown as he turned to sit normally again. You walked over, standing towards him. 

"You don't seem too well... are you okay?"

He made a small grunt like noise. "I'm fine" His nostrils flared as his labored breathing continued.

Your face wrinkled at his response, and your gaze went towards his hand that was clenching at his side underneath his suit jacket.

That feeling of uneasiness.

You got closer to him, till you were standing right next to the couch. He cleared his throat.