Epilogue

It has been 4 years since Johnny and Livi Cade moved to Virginia.
When they first got there, they were each able to work for some money doing side hustle's and shifts to get themselves a small apartment. Both were both able to finish school, and then moved to full time jobs. They were able to take care of themselves and get everything they needed.
The two were much happier and safer in Virginia.
Livi, 19, is a successful author and writes books  based on her own childhood and current experiences. Johnny, 21, works for different company's. Mainly outdoor work.
Livi kept her promise to write to Ponyboy often. She told him all about Virginia, and Pony kept her updated with news back home. Johnny also kept his promise to Dally, and wrote to him when he could. He was busy working most of the time.
The gang came and visited once a year after the move, but hadn't since then because it was far, and they never got a chance. But they always called and wrote letters as well.
During the year of 1976, Ponyboy wanted to visit Livi for her 20th birthday. He planned to stay for a while.
He planned everything with Johnny to let him know he was coming.
Livi was over the moon to see him, and though it was exciting, it was strange seeing each other. It has been a while after all.
But the two talked as if they hadn't even seperated.
After two weeks of Pony being in Virginia with Livi, he proposed to her while watching a mid July sunset. She accepted and they planned to get married in August. They both insisted it be as soon as possible.
They thought to get married in Tulsa so the whole gang could be there, and besides, it was home.
It was good for the whole gang to be back together again.
Two years after that, year 1978, Ponyboy officially moved to Virginia with Livi. They live in a small, lovely house in the country.
Just like they both have always wanted.
Johnny married a girl by the name of Molly, and lived close to Livi and Pony. Back in Tulsa, the others got married too.
In the end, it all worked out.
It was better this way.

This chapter feels really good.