Conducter

The next morning, I woke up somewhat hungover. Nothing bad at all since I didn't even drink that much. I guess my body just ain't so used to it.

Johnny made me coffee and said it would help. I'd never had coffee before. I hated the taste. But I drank it anyways if it'd help my throbbing headache. Which it did a while later.

Johnny and I were in his bedroom, him sitting on the bed fiddling with his switch, and I was lying on the floor with my feet against the wall, reading a book.

We were both just hanging out and talking, until suddenly we heard a knock on the front door. Johnny and I both looked up at each other.

"I'll get it." I said, getting up.

"Make sure it ain't the old man 'fore you open the door."

I went to the front door quietly, and peeked through the window. It was Ponyboy.

"Who is it?" Johnny called from the other room.

"Only Ponyboy! I shouted back.

When I opened the door, he had a warm smile on his face. He was dressed in a nice button down shirt and his hair greased back extra neat.

He even had a small bouquet of lilacs in his hand. My favorite.
I welcomed him in and he kissed me gently. Pony then handed me the bunch of flowers.

"What's the occasion?" I asked sweetly.

"I thought i'd take you out today."

I smiled big and kissed him again.

"Let me get ready." I said.

I found a vase and filled it with water to put the flowers in. Johnny came into the room and greeted Ponyboy. While I went to get ready, they stayed there talking.

I ran to my room and changed into a black top, and my red leather skirt with a cool belt around it.
I put my black leather jacket over that and fixed up my hair. I then put on the gold lock necklace Pony had gotten me a while back.

I met the boys back downstairs, waved Johnny goodbye, and we left.

We began walking out of the neighborhood.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see."

"Such a tease." I mumbled.

After walking a while, we made it downtown. We walked around for a while, visiting small shops for the fun of it. I love walking down town. We found a record shop and bookstore which we'd spent more time in.

After that, it was about time the sun set. We walked out of the town and caught a bus. It wasn't a very long ride.

Pony wouldn't tell me where we were going. But once the bus stopped again, Pony got up to get off this time. I looked around and saw we had stopped at a small trail.

He wouldn't tell me anything as we followed the trail. Around it, there were tall trees. It was really pretty.

We got to the end of the trail eventually, and there was a clear area without trees with one small park bench. There was a small tree over the bench though providing some shade.

I smiled ear to ear when I saw infront of the bench was a perfect view of the sky. The sky was ablaze with the fire of the setting sun.

We walked over to it and sat down. Pony put his arm around me.

"This is amazing, Ponyboy." I gushed softly.

He ran his fingers though my hair. I leaned my head on his shoulder as we watched the sun begin to set.