Ch VI: Occurrens [Meeting]

Start from the beginning

Hadrian straightens his robe before stepping out from the chair. "I've changed my mind Amanda. I'll buy some clothes another time." Madam Malkin shakily nods at his cold gaze. Green eyes like poison, locking onto her but not aimed for her.

He turns to the Potters, the poisonous eyes growing even colder. "I am not a saint, or the innocent child you think I am. You will find out just who you're dealing with at Hogwarts. As this is the first meeting, I'll leave without fuss. But as first impressions go, I cannot stand the sight of you. Lady Potter, Lord Potter, Heiress Potter. Good day to you."

Hadrian dipped his head in respect to the Malfoys, "It was a pleasure to meet with true family, I wish we could talk more in better circumstances. Draco, l'll see you on the Hogwarts express, and I hope we can be friends."

Draco smiled "sure... I'd like that. I can introduce you to the others, I know we're gonna become great friends."

Hadrian dipped his head before turning his heel and walking away, joined by Sirius and Remus. The two adults put themselves between Hadrian and the Potters, whilst they passed beside them.

The Potter's family were perplexed at how smooth Hadrian could talk and carry himself. But mostly they threw acid looks at them. Even Lily, though hers were directed at only the two male adults.

Sirius looks up from the door to connect warm eyes with the Malfoys. "Cissa, Lucius, see you at the station. You too Draco."

With warm waves in response, the Black trio left the shop.

They get further down the street, away from the Potters' view. Then Hadrian breaks his composure to silently staring up at the blue sky. Tiny, human tears in his eyes.

Remus immediately embraced him tightly ignoring, how he flinched and stiffened. Warm magic bled through him, making the boy melt in his arms.

It is bittersweet to know they can't hug the boy without magical assistance, but at least they could with it.

If he was angry or lost to them completely, Sirius and Remus could not touch him whatsoever. Magic assistance would do nothing. How thankful they were that he was only sad for the moment.

"Let's finish up... And then, we can go home." Remus says, earning a confirmation hum from the boy in his arms

....

The trio enter Ollivander's Wand Shop, Hadrian looking the most enthused out of the three. He looks around in marvel, taking in the view of the oddly stacked wand boxes. Piles that defy laws of physics, like psychics even have a place in the Wizarding world. He was heavily distracted, right up until he saw Mr. Ollivander creep round the corner of one of the aisles behind the counter.

With a glassy look that pinned many, but unwavered Hadrian, the wandmaker said his welcome."I wondered when I would be seeing you, young Prince."

"Greetings to you too Garrick, and a pleasure it is too for me" Hadrian greeted him with a warm smile,"You haven't been lauding my title around in public have you..."

"Of course not...Mr Potter-Black" Mr. Ollivander says evenly, already excited about delving into his fine wand selection. He kept his back to Hadrian as he spoke, though the boy felt no disrespect was shown. A man's passion overcame himself, and that was something Hadrian could understand.

"Hmm...I think an ancient species of wood is certain to work. The shorter lengths ought to be better. But your core...that is tricky" Ollivander deliberates whilst Hadrian kept his eyes busy, scanning the room.

"Chestnut will be a good place to start...Chestnut and phoenix feather" Ollivander returned with a reddish brown wand, so smooth and polished in the hand. He hands it to Hadrian,who automatically performs the Lumos charm.