"Here I am." He confirms with a smile.

He didn't think much about the person she slept with. He didn't care. Kate was still in love with him and still wanted him. That's all that mattered. Who cares if she slept with someone whilst he was rotting in Azkaban? She deserved a little fun..even if it did end in tears.

"I never stopped loving you, Sirius." She says as the tears start rolling down her cheeks.

Sirius wipes them away with his fingers as he cups her face. He plants a soft kiss on her forehead, sending shivers down her spine, he rests his forehead on hers and whispers, "I never stopped loving you mi amor."

He tilts her head up towards him, leaning in and kissing her lips for the first time in twelve long years. It was a long time coming, the room spun as their tongues met and danced with joy. It was as if a puzzle had finally snapped together, complete and whole again.

He lifts her up onto the cabinet and spreads her legs so that they wrap around him. He kisses her with urgency, neediness and longing. Her hands explored his back as he held him, their kissing becoming hard and desperate.

"Stop." She chokes out suddenly, pushing his chest gently, "We can't do this."

Sirius stumbles backwards, leaning against the kitchen table for support. He touches his lips as they ache for hers, he nods with realisation. He made a promise to himself to put his children first.

"I'm sorry. You're right." He nods, "I need to prove myself to the children before I prove myself to you."

"Sirius." Kate says, "You have nothing to prove to me. I've waited twelve years for you, what is a few more months?"

"Okay." Sirius agrees, "Once Zion is onboard, I'm finally making you my wife."

"Is that so?" Kate smirks.

"Yes." He grins back, his eyes sparkling with hope and desire, "Abso-fucking-lutely."

"In that case, I can't wait to finally marry you."

**********

Zion stares at his little sister, the three giggling girls standing behind her. He was happy she had made friends but now he wasn't so sure about them. They weren't the kind of girls he would have expected Marlie to be friends with. They had short skirts, orange makeup slapped on and they carried themselves with an attitude unlike Marlie's.

He only came in the Great Hall to grab some food and then leave. It was bad enough Annabelle and her cousin, Claudia were bitching about him a few seats behind him. The other ex girlfriend, Jade, was in his eye line, scowling miserably at him. He thought he'd got away with that mishap but clearly time does not heal anything.

"So I just wanted to introduce you to them." Marlie explains nervously.

He looks down at her, why the hell was she so nervous? He shrugs and then nods, attempting to make his sisters life a little easier.  The three girls rush towards him like a pack of wild animals and giggle in his face.

"I'm Scarlett." One of the girls says, fluttering her long fake eye lashes.

"I'm Hannah."

"Laura." The last girl nods awkwardly, clearly sensing the weird atmosphere.

"Right." He nods, what the hell else was he supposed to say to these twelve year olds?

"Is it true your favourite colour is red?" Scarlett smiles, "My name is a shade of red."

Zion shakes his head, "My favourite colour is black. Now if you don't mind, I've got to see a man about a dog."

He did actually have to see a man about a dog. A particular black shaggy dog. He manoeuvres past the giggling girls, shaking his head at his sister to show his disapproval and squeezes into the seat next to  Phoenix and across from Harry.