Sirius sits in the silence for a moment, "Why was she sick?"

"She had a hole in her heart. They told us it would go on its own, but it didn't. It took months of back and fourth, we had to do it the muggle way. She was too small for such powerful and complex magic, the muggle way was safer. She won't want sympathy Sirius, Kate is so protective of her. She can't do half of the things she wants to do because of everyone else's fears."

"What does she like to do then?"

Regulus shrugs, "She likes music. She blasts the fucking thing til your ears bleed. She loves the dumb dog too. She watches her brothers fly, she used to fly too but she's not allowed anymore."

"That's bullshit."

"No, Sirius, it's safer." Reg says, "It's about keeping her safe and ensuring she can breathe. We had a scare a few years ago and that one scare was enough for us."

********
Sirius wakes up whimpering and shaking, he looks down at himself and realises he's transformed in his sleep. He changes back to himself, Reg smirks at him from the opposite sofa.

"Shut it, Reg."

"I didn't say anything." He responds, sipping his coffee with a smile.

"You didn't need to, it's written all over your face."

Reg stares at his brother, "Dogs aren't allowed on the sofa."

"God you're annoying."

"Sorry, I've gone twelve years without insulting you."

There's a loud knock at the door, the two brothers look at eachother. One is supposed to be dead and the other is a wanted person. They both duck down behind the sofa, holding their breath. Bowie starts barking at the door, Reg rolls his eyes at the dog as he scratches impatiently at the wood.

The front door opens and Kate steps inside, Remus and Tate are behind her, a girl is in between them both, clutching to them for support. Sirius and Regulus stand to their feet, coughing awkwardly as they nod at their friends.

"We're you two hiding?" Kate asks, raising her eyebrows at them.

"No.." Regulus lies unconvincingly.

Kate frowns at him, looks at Sirius then continues through into the kitchen. Remus and Tate follow, sitting the young girl onto her seat. She's just as dirty as Sirius was when he rocked up her. Her sandy brown hair is matted and full of leaves and twigs. She keeps her eyes to the floor, she doesn't acknowledge anyone or speak but she's hurt. Her hair hides her face, protects her from the adults she doesn't know yet. She hasn't got shoes on, her feet are cut and muddy but she doesn't seem bothered in the slightest.

Remus takes the first aid kit from Kate, "This will sting."

He uses a wipe to clear the cut below her knee, it's a deep bloodied wound. She doesn't react. Once he has a clearer view, he takes his wand out of his pocket but the girl leaps out of her chair in fear. She backs into a corner, limping and growling viciously. Bowie starts growling at her, standing protectively in front of Kate and Regulus.

"Okay. Okay." Remus says putting his wand away, "No magic."

"No magic." The girl repeats slowly.

Remus nods, "Whatever you want."

"Sleep." She says, not lifting her head up.

Kate hesitates forward,"You can sleep in the guest room-"

"Outside."

Remus frowns at her, "You will be safer inside."

"No."