**********
The prank went horribly wrong. Zion and the others didn't understand why. It shouldn't have happened. There was no reason for the smoke, there was no explanation. They had worked on the miniature fireworks since last year, they had perfected it. They had done several trials in their dorm room, away from every one else. It was perfect. It was ready. They were ready.

During Breakfast, they let them off, grinning to themselves as everyone watched in awe. They danced around the Gryffindor table, sparkling brightly- the perfect way to rub in their win against Slytherin the day before. People cheered, but then the fireworks stopped dancing and they erupted into thick grey smoke.

The Gryffindor table choked on the fumes, struggling to their feet to escape. Zion took one look at Marlie and knew how badly he fucked up. He wasted no time jumping to his feet and picking her up in his arms, the twins and Lee close behind him as the rushed her to the hospital wing.

Phoenix and Harry barged in whilst Pomfrey made Marlie her top priority. Zion was alarmed at how angry his brother was. Phoenix never got angry.

"You! Stupid! irresponsible! Selfish! Idiot!" He says, pushing his older brother violently with each word.

Harry forces the brothers apart, Phoenix glaring at him. The teachers swarm into the ward, Professor Lupin, Dumbledore, Snape and McGonagall. Madame Pomfrey assures everybody that Marlie is fine.

"You got fucking lucky." Phoenix hisses under his breath, "Now fuck off."

Zion glances as his little sister in the bed, flashbacks of their childhood rush through his mind. Phoenix goes to her, holding her hand in his and talks. It could've been a lot worse. His brother was right, he had been lucky. He always managed to get away with things but his luck would run out eventually. He takes another look at Marlie, her blue eyes filled with sadness and fear. Something that he had caused. It was his fault.

Professor Lupin tries to speak to him but he brushes past him and leaves. He walks outside, keeps on walking until he reaches the black lake and then he just screams into the abyss. He didn't understand why he fucked everything up. He just did. If anything bad had happened to Marlie, if anything bad ever happened to Marlie because of him, he would throw himself into the lake and drown.

Hogwarts would contact his Mum, she would arrive and probably strangle him. If he was her, that's what he would do. He would strangle the life out of him for being so careless. His Mum would never do that, she was gentle and kind. Something Zion was pretty sure he was undeserving of most of the time.

"I'm such a fuck up." He says to himself, throwing his head into his knees as he lets out another gut wrenching scream.

He hears the sound of a twig snapping, he lifts his head up and looks around. Just on the outskirts of the forbidden forest, he sees an all black shaggy dog. He rubs his eyes,wiping the tears away and when he looks back, it's gone.

********
Phoenix doesn't go to Hogsmede the next day. He stays with his sister instead. Marlie had pleaded with Dumbledore not to inform her Mother, she said she already had enough going on with Sirius escaping. To Phoenixes surprise, Dumbledore had agreed, meaning once more Zion got away with things.

Later on though, Phoenix regretted not tagging along with his friends. As for when they returned Harry was in a foul mood. He ignored Phoenix entirely as he stormed upstairs, his feet thumping loudly and the stairs shaking as he slammed the door to their room.

"He found out that Sirius Black was his Dads best friend, that he betrayed them and led he-who-shall-not-be-named to them." Hermione says not sugar coating it.