Peter looks around at the table, it's smaller now just like the Order. He remembers his very first meeting, the way Regulus Black looked at him. He died not long after that. He looks at Barty Crouch Junior, he looks a little lost without Regulus and Evan beside him. Worst of all, he looks at Severus, the man who'd spent years making his life unbearable at Hogwarts. Severus had made it known that he didn't trust Peter, but Peter had earned Voldemorts trust. The only trust that mattered in this room.

"Peter?"Voldemort asks, "The Order, do they suspect anything?"

"They suspect Remus Lupin or Sirius Black to be the traitor." Pete replies calmly, below the table his hands are sweating as he rubs them against his trousers, "They do not suspect me."

Because who would suspect him? Who would even consider the possibility that sweet, naive and stupid Peter Pettigrew could pull off something like betraying his friends? Betraying the Order? Betraying Dumbledore? They wouldn't even think to suspect him. The thought would never cross their minds.

End of flashback

"We have received some rather unsettling news." Dumbledore says glumly, he looks around ominously at the people seated around the table.

Alice and Lily are sat next to each other, cradling their month old babies. Kate is sat opposite with Phoenix in her arms, Zion is sat on Remus' knee. He's surprisingly quite, staring at the elderly man, watching his every move as he walks back and fourth at the top of the table.

"We have a prophecy from seer, she's one of the best." Dumbledore explains slowly, "It speaks of a boy, born at the end of July. This boy is to defeat the Dark Lord when the right time comes."

"Thats absurd." Alice snorts, looking at her own son and then to Lily's.

Several other members start to protest at the idiocy of it, Seers we're not always reliable. Sirius didn't believe in Seers at all, he had to refrain himself from rolling his eyes to the back of his skull. Dumbledore raises his hand and silences everyone.

"I think we can safely presumed than little Harry, is the chosen one." He says, his eyes wandering to the small baby in Lily's arms.

"What? He's a baby! What the fuck is he going to do?!" James snaps, "He's our son! He's not a weapon!"

Dumbledore nods, "I understand, James but I must say, if the Dark Lord finds out the prophecy speaks of someone more powerful than himself. Someone capable of destroying him one day. Baby or not, he will end young Harry's life."

Sirius' grips Kate's leg under the table for comfort, forcing himself not to react. He looks at James, his best friend who is utterly distraught at the news. He looks at beautiful Lily, tears streaming down her face. Then he looks at his innocent godson, anger building up inside of him.

"He's just a baby." Sirius hisses, "He's just.."

"Which is why we have a place of hiding for the Potters.. James? Lily? A secret location,to keep you safe. More importantly," he says his eyes filled with a hopeful glint, "a place to keep young Harry safe from harm."

James looks at Lily, he then looks at his friends, "What about everyone else?"

"They're safe." Dumbledore says, "We can't guarantee Harry's safety, but we know Voldemort won't be after the other children or adults. His sole focus will be on killing Harry, before Harry can kill him."

                               *********

No one is more relieved than Peter when the Potters agree to go to the safe location. If he doesn't know where they are, baby Harry- his nephew and James- his best friend are safe for a little longer.