"Bruce, it's been too long. And it's nice to see you too, Eleanor. But unfortunately, I didn't call you here for a social visit."

"Wayne Foundation business?" I asked as we all sat at the desk.

"Bruce, there's no easy way to say this. As you may know, the city's about to award the contract to rebuild and expand the children's hospital."

"Right, to the Wayne Foundation," Bruce stated, but there was a tone in his voice that made it sound like a question. I tensed when I realized what Mayor Grange was about to say.

"The city council is leaning towards Gothcorp."

My eyes widened and I looked to Bruce, who had the exact same expression. I knew he was about to get angry, Bruce was really passionate about the children's hospital since his father was the one to found it. Besides, there were so many accusations and shady images surrounding Gothcorp that I could write a book on it.

"What?" Bruce asked.

"Bruce-" Bruce didn't listen and stood.

"Wayne Industries and the Foundation have supported the children's hospital from the very beginning since my father founded it."

"Bruce-"

"Gothcorp isn't known for its acts of public service, they're known for allegations, investigations, resignations, too many 'ations' for my taste."

"Bruce the council isn't concerned with Gothcorp's reputation." He paused. "They're leery of yours."

"Bruce's?" I questioned.

"Your public image," Mayor Grange said to Bruce. "Well let's just say it doesn't inspire much confidence. Look, your father was one of my closest friends. I see him in you. But the council they see you as... well..."

"A party boy," Bruce stated with a frown. "Mayor Grange, let me make the case for the Wayne Foundation. Give me the chance to convince them. Please."

"The council's voting on the contract tomorrow at eight a.m. Sharp. And wear a tie."

"We'll be here at the top of our game," I stated as I stood, looking at Bruce with a determined smile. "And I'll make sure he wears a tie."

At the Cave...

We told Alfred what happened and he was just as surprised as we were.

"Eight a.m. is bright and early for you Master Bruce," Alfred said. "Perhaps you should think about getting some rest."

"No," Bruce stated. "Not until I've gathered enough ammo regarding Goth Corp's questionable business practices. The children's hospital was my father's personal cause, Alfred. I need to be certain I can sway the council's vote." Suddenly Batwave went off. "The Batwave... Police alert. The security system of a law firm has been tripped."

"On the sixty-fourth floor?" Alfred asked.

"Must be Firefly," I stated.

"I-I can't be in two places at once," Bruce groaned, motioning to his research.

"Lucky for you, you have an ex-journalist wife," I stated with a smile. "I'll take care of everything, don't worry."

"Thank you, princess." He stood and gave me a kiss. "I won't be gone for long."

He left to get ready and I sat at the main desk.

"Will you be needing anything from me, miss Eleanor?" Alfred asked.

"Some tea would be great. Oh, and if you can find a tie for Bruce that would also be great."

"Right away miss."