The Deal

Palak's sudden determination shocked Shonali . She knew she will not be able to find her way out of this . Akshay was amused by Palak's antics but was slightly upset too.

After all he too had a little crush on Shonali !! 

But he valued his friendship much more than his feelings . He had been avoiding thinking about her so that he does not mess up their friendship. Palak's idea made him wonder if she would be supportive of him asking Shonali out.

   Palak asked again "Deal?" ,  bringing both Shonali and Akshay back to reality . Shonali had no other option but to surrender .

Though the thought of Palak going through two weeks without cheese made her laugh she doubted her luck , she knew the coin will never land in her favour. Surprising both of them Shonali agreed to go ahead with this weird deal Palak kept . Might as well do something adventurous to remember these college days she thought.

As if finding a ray of hope Akshay quickly pulled out a coin from his pocket and asked them to call their sides while flipping the coin in the air . Palak immediately called Heads not leaving any room for choice for Shonali . The coin landed on Akshay's palm and he covered it quickly .

All three of them looked at each other and started laughing !

They were really going to decide Shonali's dating life based on this coin toss ??!! With different purpose in mind the three of them slowly huddled together to have a look at the coin which Akshay slowly revealed .... it was HEADS !!!

  Palak broke into a victory dance , Akshay broke into a huge grin with hope while Shonali was now nervous .... She quickly asked the two of them to keep this a secret. She did not want people to trouble Palak . She had kept few of the unwanted admirers hidden from everyone and had handled them on her own.

    So it was decided for the entire next week any guy who approached Shonali , he had to get Palak's approval . If Palak approved , Shonali cannot say No and had to go out with the guy.

Though Palak was adamant that Shonali can go on multiple dates if she approves of more than one guy , Shonali made sure the deal ended with only one date  !

Akshay was made the witness to this deal though he was least bothered about it. He was beaming with joy internally as he could not think of any reason Palak would not approve of him.

The day went by quickly and they all were now sitting in an empty classroom as they had only one lecture left which was supposed to start after a one hour break. The entire group had gathered in the classroom and were lazying around having random conversations. There were other students too in the room apart from Shonali's group.Someone was playing songs on a Bluetooth speaker , some of them were playing some game online , some were busy in completing their assignment for the class.

     Akshay was lost in his thoughts and Arush found this unusual. Arush was really close to Akshay and both of them shared almost every detail of their lives with each other . Akshay's fondness for Shonali was not hidden from Arush and he kept motivating him to tell her about how he feels before it's late but Akshay was skeptical as he never got such vibes from her and did not want to lose her as a friend. One date wouldn't hurt right thought Akshay .

    Palak was still high on her winning the toss , and was wondering when will she get to put her plan in action . Shonali just realized that if Palak approves of someone it will be her First Date ever !!!

She wondered who will it be and as if on cue Sujay entered the room ...