fourteen

TW DRUG USE

     "dal you cant just go out there and start fighting people, you need an actual lead." harley groaned. no one had gotten much sleep that night and everyone was a bit cranky. dallas rolled his eyes and continued pacing the room. harley knew he wasn't mad at her, but at the world, and she didn't blame him. harley looked down at her stomach that still hurt and wished for another pain relief smoke session. everyone could benefit from one of those.

     suddenly the door burst open and in came a wailing evie. "i went down to the station harley, they wont let me see him! they won't let me see him!"

     harley had to hold in her laughter as she watched ponyboy roll his eyes at evie from across the room. "he's alright e, he can handle himself just fine." she said trying to offer some comfort but honestly it was pretty stressful for everyone. evie came and sat by harley putting her head on the blondes shoulder.

     dally took this as an opportunity to go back to his revenge plan. "how would i even know? it could be a soc or a greaser. they could-"

     "can you shut up." darry said patting dally on the back. normally dally would've been pissed, but it was darry, and even dally respected darry. it was hard not to. he truly loved his whole gang and would give up everything for every one of them.

     sodapop stomped away from the phone and into the living room. "they want one-hundred and fifty dollars each to get them out" he said running a hand through his usually greased back hair. no one had taken the time to re-grease their hair or even change their clothes, except evie of course who showed up at the curtis house in her full face of makeup and carefully curated outfit she wanted to see steve in. sodapop still managed to give everyone his most hopeful smile that somehow made everyone feel a bit better.

     evie proceeded to loudly sob leaving dark mascara stains on harley's shirt. "three hundred? we don't have that kind of money! all for fighting in the rumble?" darry yelled looking like his eyes were about to pop out of his head.

     johnny looked down at his feet the whole time and dally took notice stopping his pacing. he sighed looking down at johnny and back up. "i'm gonna go for a walk. anyone who wants to join me can." he said looking at johnny who gave him a small smile.

     "don't let him do anything stupid, i have to go to work." darry ordered to harley and sodapop, and harley gave him a thumbs up.

     "wait for me guys!" evie said suddenly realizing everyone had gotten up.

____

      harley limped throughout the walk holding her stomach that was in horrible pain.

     "you alright?" sodapop whispered dropping back to match her pace.

     "yeah, i'm okay, i'm just not healed enough for a walk yet." harley admitted wincing in pain.

     sodapop shook his head pulling harley up to help her walk. evie turned around noticing and took harleys other side. the girl smiled remembering when they all used to hang out together, with steve and sandy too. harley didn't realize how different it had became with her dating dally and sandy and sodapop breaking up.

      "do you have to go" evie frowned leaning over the back of her seat to look at harley. they were at their last movie trip together before harley went back to see her dad.

     "yeah, it won't be the same without you." sandy said giving the girl a pouty lip.

     "i know your double dates could never be the same without me fifth wheeling." harley laughed.