three

a/n: this is a filler chapter i added because i thought the story was missing a bit more of harley's friendships.

"homecoming??? how could any of us afford homecoming steve?" harley questioned running a hand through her hair when she realized the boy was in-fact not joking. steve had been on a tangent about how they should go since they left for school.

"come on harley we can find clothes. it's our senior year! it's two-bits like third senior year or something!" steve said throwing his hands in the air. causing harley to laugh. "come on please. don't you wanna make fun of all the socs there?"

"i do like mocking socs.."

"that's the spirit harley!"

"okay fine. we will go." she gave in letting a smile cross her face.

"good i've been thinking about it and we can sneak in soda and dally too!" steve started putting his hands in the air to express more of his excitement that was radiating off on harley who was now a bit excited too.

"okay now that i agreed tell me why you actually wanna go."

steve sighed. "maybe if i take evie to homecoming she will be less mad at me for blowing her off all week." he admitted and the girl nodded.

"i do see one flaw in your plan steve." harley said crossing her arms.

"and what would that be?"

"homecoming is tonight."

___

they infact could not convince dally to come to homecoming. he did however laugh at them when they managed to find clothes and got all dressed up for a school dance. this was a reaction harley would expect from steve too but he was very sure this was what he wanted. harley showed up to the curtis house late after putting on her dress and managing to curl her hair with her moms curling iron. she did her usual makeup with a bit more effort and felt quite pretty. when she opened the door she was met with whistles from her friends hyping her up and she did a little courtesy while laughing.

"what about now dal do we still look stupid?" sodapop questioned. sodapop looked good but that was sort of his thing homecoming or not. he didn't exactly need to dress up to be the best looking person there. harley's ex boyfriends tended to be jealous of him which always made harley laugh because sodapop was her best friend she would never see him as anything more.

"yeah. harley looks alright i guess, but i still cant believe you all got dressed up for that shit." dally replied.

"hell yeah, i look alright take that." harley said leaning over to ponyboy who let out a laugh.

"alright dont get too cocky over there." two-bit said pointing in harley's direction causing harley to put up her hands in defense.

"wait let me take a photo for darry before you go, i'm sure he'd love this shit." dally said grabbing the camera off the kitchen table. "okay smile." he said and they all leaned together smiling for the picture.

____

now they tried to go to homecoming, they really did. they even made it inside the school. thats when they all realized they were bored out of their minds. "steve i thought this was suposed to be fun." evie groaned causing nods of agreement from everyone else. harley wasn't sure if she was supposed to like evie considering she was typically one of the first people steve tells about any of their relationship problems but steve was kind of an ass to girls sometimes so evie really wasn't that bad.

"believe me i did too!" steve protested.

"i think there was a drag race tonight." sodapop said turning to steve and harley who immediately caught on. the seven of them ran from the school to the speedway. they even stopped and picked up dally on the way who threw in many 'i told you so's.

they sat in the bleachers watching the cars race around. it was a night race that was definitely illegal and ran by some kids around their age but it just added to the interesting bit. harley assumed steve's plan went okay as she had made the mistake of sitting by the couple who was now making out in the stands. she sighed standing up and stepping down a few rows to take a seat next to dally and johnny.

"aren't you cold?" johnny questioned acknowledging harley was still in her dress with no coat or pants.

"no i'm good. it's warmer out today anyways." harley lied, although she wasn't wrong about it being warmer.

"where is your coat?" dally asked slightly judgmentally.

"well i was dressed to be in the school gym all night, i didn't exactly dress accordingly." harley responded sighing. she wished she had dressed for the occasion she loved going to drag races.

dally nodded as two-bit leaned over the rail. "guys do you think i have a shot with that broad over there?" two said pointing in the direction of a greaser girl sitting a few feet away from them.

"not with that coat on, give me that." dally said grabbing two-bits coat from him.

"thanks dal!" two-bit said slicking his hair before prancing off towards the girl.

"dumbass." dally laughed before throwing two-bit's jacket over harley. harley laughed in disbelief at what she had just experienced dally do. dally acknowledged this and shrugged. "two-bits gonna embarrass himself shaking from the cold in-front of that girl, wearing a god damn dress shirt too." suddenly the girl talking to two looked angry and walked away and dally got up and took off before two-bit could accuse him of whatever other terrible advice he probably gave him.

"he went that way!" harley said laughing, pointing in the wrong direction, when evie suddenly came and sat next to her.

"oh there's no fucking way." she said her jaw practically on the floor.

"what?" harley questioned looking around but not seeing anything.

"you have a thing for dallas winston!" evie said practically yelling causing harley's face to heat up immensely.

"no i don't. where are you even getting this from ev-"

"i see the way you look at him! your practically giving him googley eyes." evie said nudging harley in the side.

"i do not! i think he's attractive ill give you that but i don't like him."

"you totally do. your probably over here like 'oh dally i'm so cold please take me somewhere warm and fuck me!'" evie said poorly imitating harley.

"i do not think like that evie. what the hell." harley said putting her face in her hands.

"yeah, yeah okay.."

a/n: hello everyone thank you for the love on wattpad and tiktok it means so much to me and i think its crazy your taking time out of your days to read my story! i love and apreciate you sm<3 also i love evie and harley <3