Chapter 23- The news

Start from the beginning

Max and I gasped loudly.

"But it was not on purpose, I swear! I just wanted to have a look at my room. I saw the bracelet and picked it up. It was so beautiful that I couldn't just ignore it. I was observing it when suddenly it slipped from my hand and I accidentally stepped on it. I didn't knew it was your mother's. I am so sorry, Charlotte." She muttered through her cries.

So it really was her.

Of course.

Despite this, Damien was comforting her. I felt so pissed. How can he still-

"Why did you lie then?" Liam asked through gritted teeth.

"Because I was scared that she'll hate me. Jennifer and her already hate me and I don't even know why. I just want to be friends with them."

This girl-

Charlotte pushed Liam and walked out of the house with angry tears. "Please don't come after me. I want to be left alone." She said before disappearing.

The room was extremely quiet.

No one knew what to do or say.

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean to do that..." Celine carried on with her acting and all the boys except Liam seemed to buy it.

***

It was dinner time.

Charlotte came back a few hours later and simply locked herself inside the room.

No matter how much Liam and I pleaded her to open the door to come out for dinner, she didn't budge.

After we all had the dinner, the boys were in the living room, watching TV
while I was in the kitchen, washing the dishes when the witch herself walked in.

"Hey." She smiled at me.

"Don't try to act in front of me, Celine. I know you did it on purpose." I expected her to deny and carry on with her act in front of me but instead, she gave me an evil smirk.

"So you already know. Good, I don't have to act then." She rolled her eyes. "Listen, the boys are all mine. I'll get rid of the both of you very soon. Just wait and watch." she winked at me and left.

I stood there, frozen. Did she really just-

I can't believe this!

I need to talk to Charlotte.

So, I went to our room and started banging on the door lightly.

"Charlotte, I need to talk to you. It's important. Please open up." I pleaded to her but no response came back.

"Just listen to me once and then I'll leave. Promise."

"Jennifer, please... Just leave me alone in peace..I want to be left alone. I am begging you." She said in a very low voice and I couldn't get myself to nag her more.

As I was going towards the living room, I crossed paths with Damien and Celine who seemed to be going
to their room.

As she passed by me, Celine smirked at me while I glared at her.

She will pay for this.

I went near the couch and plopped down between Max and Liam.

"She's not opening the door and I don't have anywhere to sleep." I said with my arms crossed in front of my chest.

"Don't worry sis, you can sleep in my room with me for today." Max smiled at me.

***

After tugging me in, Max walked around the bed and laid down himself after switching off the lights.