Chapter 20: Forth

Park was right. If you liked the other, the opportunity should be seized. I wonder if I should tell Yo anything. But he has been through alot and I am not sure if he is ready for anything new.

Maybe I should just show him how I feel. Should I court him? But how do I do that? It has never been my style. I didn't realize I was frowning until Yo jabbed me.

"Forth, are you ok? You been looking at your hand for very long. Did you hurt yourself or something?".

I looked up to see 3 boys looking at me curiously. Especially my Yo who was still red. I just nodded my head and assured them everything was fine. We all decided to go back to the dorms.

Pha and Beam went off together. I looked at Yo who was just standing at the entrance. "Do you want me to drop you off Yo? It's on the way." I said.

"Will it be ok if I stayed over at yours tonight? I am still abit hesitant about my own place though I know it's all safe now.". Yo muttered softly. I smiled, knowing exactly how he felt. I just went up to him, caressed the top of his head. He looked up at me and saw my smile breaking into one of his own. I just squeezed his cheeks and told him to hurry up then as it has been a long long day and it was already 2am!

We went back to my dorm. I took a quick shower and let Yo use it thereafter, knowing he will take a longer one but definitely needing that breathing space. I just sat on my balcony floor, smoking whilst waiting for him. He soon joined me on the floor, wearing my shirt. It was so cute on him, a little oversized on his tiny body and just hanging off at the shoulders. His shoulders were a little exposed and he looked oh so cute. I felt my face reddening when I was checking him out and I quickly turned away before he noticed my stupid face.

We just sat there quietly for abit, soaking in the silence and coolness of the night. I felt Yo lean on my shoulders. I just let him be and he held onto my right arm. I then adjusted my sitting stance, to put my arm around him and bring him in closer. He just nestled closer to me and we watched the starry sky together. It felt so right being here with him.

A little while later, I heard soft snores. My poor Yo was all wiped out and had fallen asleep. I carefully carried him over to the bed and laid him down. I pushed his hair back and saw his eyebrows just crinkle abit. I carefully smoothed it out, soothing him. He then sighed softly snd continued sleeping. I switched off the lights and got into bed myself, keeping a respectful distance. I did love Yo but there was no way I would ever treat him without care or disrespect. I soon fell asleep, my own fatigue wiping me out.

[Hours later....]

I woke up around 11am. I found Yo cuddling me and sleeping. I just smiled, looking at him. I slowly reached out to touch his hair when he fluttered his eyes open. I panicked and withdrew my hand quickly but Yo caught it. He just took my hand and placed it on his hair, inviting me to just run through it. I smiled and just ran my hands through his hand abit. Yo then lifted my arm and dove into my side, putting my arm around him. I was abit surprised at his sudden closeness but I didn't say anything. In fact I welcomed it.

"Forth, do you have any plans today?"
"No Yo, what's up?"
"Do you want to go for the new Marvel movie, the one you been wanting to watch? And also have your favorite Thai food along the way?
"That sounds so good. But are you sure? You aren't even a fan of those movies. Wouldn't it bore you?"
"It's nice to watch something different. And come on, it's the least I can do for what you have done for me.".
"Yo, you don't have to do this to thank me please. You know.."
"That you will do it for me again and again in a heartbeat. But it doesn't mean I can't give too. I don't want to just take. I want to give to. Isn't that how relationships work?".

My eyes opened big and I looked at Yo for a bit. "I meant, I meant friends are that way too right? We shouldn't take one another for granted.".

I smiled at that though my heart broke a little. I really thought he meant something else. I then told him to get ready so we can go for the 4pm movie. I got off the bed, to get ready whilst Yo just rolled about on the bed abit more. This boy is really a secret sloth!

[Meanwhile... Yo's POV]

I can't believe I said that! I saw how Forth's eyes had opened in shock. Damn. I must have frightened him. He really does see me as a friend only. I really shouldn't confuse the friendship between us. But waking up today morning in his arms just felt so right. Just like how cuddling him at the balcony felt right too. And just like how knowing he's always been there for me feels so right, making me warm in my heart. I got reminded of that kiss again which then prompted me to wonder...

Why did Forth do that?