3

Shila is invited to the next council meeting that her father hosts, and she informs yoi-guy to stay silent. He didn't answer and she fears he'll tease her but there isn't much time to repeat herself and takes a seat to the right of her father. 

As soon as they were seated, the rest of the men in the room placed themselves down and the meeting began. Shila was quiet, surveying the room and identifying each person her eyes passed over.

There was a blonde haired man across from her that she recognised as the captain of the guard. He was tall with broad shoulders and grayish-blue eyes with a look of steel that she nearly felt a chill crawl up her spine.

 She'd never liked him, as a kid when she was forced to learn martial arts her father had demanded she be taught by the captain and only the captain, but to the blonde's satisfaction, he'd been given permission to train her until she was black and blue. Thankfully, she'd been given a three month break these few days.

Shila looked away before those eyes could scold and pierce her own as if he was her teacher right now.

There were six other men in the room, many rulers apart of this land who worked under her father-- the one who owned the country itself, and the other two were trusted partners of her father.

The one on her right had blonde hair as well and was a ruler of the west side, thin side burns that ended right at the curve of his jaw, straight nose and kohl around his eyes-- a rich brown that glinted whenever they passed over his friend across from him.

An opposite of his friend, Luca Anworth had dark brown hair with green eyes and a slightly curved nose with a small tip at the end. There were some very faint freckles on his face nicely spread around his cheeks and a small scar on his lip.

The blonde from before, Arthur Lockhart, shifted his attention back to the king and leaned on his palm. "If we were to free some of the slaves, what good would that do?" He mumbled.

"We'll have more space in the mines, they can serve elsewhere."

The man at her fathers side spoke up, his voice a balance between deep and soft. His name was Erebus Slater, and he was the duke.

He first suggested that the slaves could be auctioned off for some extra money but then a suggestion from another lord had all the men collectively nodding. The two men went back and forth until a vote was decided and Shila was given two options to vote on.

Auction them off

Or

Gift them to the Celestial Dragons

She bit her tongue and watched as hands rose one by one, yet none belonging to her fathers. She looked over at the man and nearly flinched to find him staring straight at her awaiting her decision and wondering whether or not she would choose what he would not.