"You're a good girl, honey. You did the right thing."

"Then why can't he appreciate my efforts? He always calls me incompetent and a bad university graduate."

"You mean your boss? Connor?" Ashton frowned. Seeing Emma who was silent in the affirmative, Ashton's mouth felt sour. "You know, sometimes a man can't control his mouth."

Emma Grimaced. "I sound like a snitch, don't I?"

"No, honey, no. I mean, men have a hard time controlling their emotions sometimes. So..." Before Ashton could finish, Emma turned around and narrowed her eyes. Ashton immediately shut his mouth tightly. 'uh-oh!'

"Are you trying to defend him? So you think like him? If you graduate from a bad university, the job you do is bad too?"

Ashton grimaced in annoyance. He understood the direction of this conversation. Emma didn't ask Ashton for any comments, justifications, suggestions or anything like that. Emma just wanted to be heard.

"I'm not like that. Of course, I will see his work ethic and the results of his work." Ashton blinked. He felt he must save his life first in front of his wife.

Emma averted her gaze. She quieted for a moment. Looking up at the ceiling, she muttered. "I'm sorry. I might burn out. So I vent my frustration on you."

"It's okay. Don't worry about it. Just take it out so you feel better." Ashton said softly.

" I'm thinking a lot. What happened today made me think again. I'm re-evaluating what I've done in my life so far." Emma said quietly.

Ashton frowned. " What is it?"

"You think what we're doing is right? Am I doing my job as Kayden's mother the right thing? I feel useless." Emma sighed sadly.

Ashton fell silent. He recalled all the memories with Kayden and Emma. Time seemed to pass quickly when they were together, even though they had only known each other for a short time. But, in those memories, Ashton felt complete. He was happy with the three of them together. "I think we're right." Ashton concluded.

Emma looked at Ashton intently as if asking Ashton to explain.

Ashton sighed. "Why do you think I chose you?"

"Because Kayden called me mama." Emma answered innocently.

"No. Because no one can easily help a stranger who wetted his pants, clean him, then buy clothes for him, and change his clothes. Other people tend to go to the police to find the mother or pretend not to know the child." Ashton smiled then added. "That's when I know you are good for Kayden."

Emma smiled. "Then, the contract?"

"Just in case." Ashton answered quickly. "Are you feeling better?" Ashton added.

"Yeah. Better." Emma answered quietly.

"Good." Ashton smiled as he hugged Emma tightly. "Cough. You know what's troubling me right now, Emm?" Ashton coughed.

" What?" Emma closed her eyes.

Ashton whispered in Emma's ear. " The fact that, you're right, we have needs. When do you think we have time to be alone, Emm? " Ashton smiled seductively.

Emma stared in shock. Her ears suddenly became hot. Ashton's sexy voice made her whole body tremble. Her heart was beating fast. Emma lowered her head and covered her face with her hands. "Ash.." Emma grumbled embarrassed.

Seeing Emma's cute reaction with embarrassment, Ashton smiled triumphantly. When he saw Emma's red ears, he felt tingled to do something. Without realizing it, he brought his lips to Emma's ear and bit her.

"Ah.." Emma moaned softly as she felt hot breath in her ear. Ashton's ear bite didn't hurt but it tickled. Chills ran all over her body, the goosebumps that pleased her.

"Shit!" Ashton cursed softly when he heard Emma's soft moan. His lower body began to react. "Go to sleep, umm." said Ashton suddenly.

Emma blinked. Hesitantly, she said, "But... you..."

"Shut up and sleep" Ashton closed his eyes and started counting the goats. "I know you're not ready." He grumbled.

Emma smiled teasingly. Her body relaxed as she leaned against Ashton. " What about a little kiss?"

" Oh.. shush!! I told you that man can't control his mouth." Ashton answered impatiently.

"You poked me Ash." Emma giggled.

"Shut up!"

***

The next day, Emma took her job diligently on her desk. Soon she would have to check the company anniversary preparations for the last time. Suddenly there was a soft knock on her desk. Emma lifted her head. She found Connor standing awkwardly. Emma cleared her throat. She smiled politely. "Can I help you, sir?"

"Um.. I'm sorry Emma." Connor looked closely at his secretary.

"Oh.. it's nothing, sir." Emma smiled widely as she waved her hand as if it wasn't such a big deal, as usual.

Connor looked back at the entrance to his office. Emma followed Connor's line of sight and found Adeline standing there with her arms crossed. Her eyes glared at Connor. Then, she turned her gaze to Emma and smiled knowingly. Her eyes said she was sorry for Connor's mistake.

" Cough. Emm , I 'm sorry, again. I really can't control my mouth . " Connor was silent for a moment . Emma turned her attention back to her boss. "You're right. Someone has to keep hitting some sense on my head. Adeline was good to me. She made me think about everything, um, about the way I treated you. And, yeah, I feel guilty. So, I'm sorry."

Emma smiled sincerely. "It's okay, boss. I already forgave you before you apologized. Aren't we good work partners? Three years working with you made me understand your character. So, don't think too much about it, boss."

Connor smiled with relief. "You're too kind, Emm. People will easily take advantage of you if you continue like that."

"I'll keep that in my mind, sir." Emma nodded firmly.

Connor chuckled. "You just continue your work. I still have business with my wife."

"Okay, sir." Emma nodded. She waved her hand briefly.

Connor turned and walked towards Adeline. Adeline waved her hand lightly. Emma smiled widely as she nodded her head.