Chapter 14

Emma stood in front of the large windows of Susan's boutique. She crossed her arms as she contemplated what steps she should take. She would be commanded by Connor, when Connor found out, that she must search out who the stalker was. On the other hand, she wanted to avoid conflict.

Emma snapped out of her thoughts when Susan tapped her on the shoulder.

" What are you thinking about?" Susan looked curious.

Emma smiled. "Nothing. Just a matter of work."

Susan nodded. "So.. how about you and the big boss?" She raised her eyebrows, teasing Emma.

Emma grimaced. "What?"

"Oh.. come on.. tell me, how far have you come?"

"Not as far as you think, bestie.." Emma shrugged.

" Liar."

" I'm not." Emma said seriously. "What do you think we've done. We just got married last week"

Susan looked at Emma as if to say 'are you crazy'. She sighed. "You know, if I meet a man with a god-like body that can make all women in this world drool, I will immediately attack him without mercy. He must be good in bed. Trust me." Susan gave her a mischievous glance and a naughty smile.

"Hey! He's someone's husband. Don't imagine anything, you pervert girl!" Emma hit Susan on the back of her head.

"Tsk. You guys are only contract marriage. Do whatever works in your favor while there's still time. Don't want to lose a fortune. You heard me." Susan clicked her tongue. She grimaced as she stroked the back of her head.

"Shhh!! Don't be so loud. What if someone heard you? I could die." Emma held her index finger in front of her mouth.

"Tsk. Calm down. I'm not that loud. Besides, all of my workers are busy taking care of Mrs. Miller in the dressing room. I asked them all to help her."

Emma narrowed her eyes. Susan raised her hand. "I swear. if I leak your contract marriage, I will let you marry me to a pig."

"So.."

" So, what?" Emma was confused.

" Okay." Susan sighed wearily. "What do you think of your husband?"

"He is good and really loves children. He is patient. And, you're right, he has a great body." Emma remembered all her interactions with Ashton. A small smile tugged on her lips. "I don't know. I've only known him for a while. Oh.. he likes to tease me." Emma blushed a little.

"Oh.. Teasing." Susan smiled mischievously. "Can you explain how he teased you?"

Emma cleared her throat while blushing. "He had been giving me the signals to do 'that'."

"That? what is 'that'?"

"Oh.. Susan. You know what I mean."

Susan laughed. "God. You're an adult. What's wrong with saying sex. Don't tell me you're still a virgin."

" No." Emma sighed wearily. "I've done it once or twice with my ex. It's just that when I did it I just felt uncomfortable. Later, I never did it again. I'm not as good as you when it comes to sex, okay."

"Tsk. The problem is with your ex not you. If your ex was great, even if you were lying on the bed like a log, he could make you reach the heavens. Simply put, he only wanted his own release." Susan clicked her tongue. "I'm sure your husband will be better than your ex. Try him." Susan said it lightly as if she was just talking about lunch's menu.

Emma was stunned. "Huh? You think it's that easy?"

Susan nodded. "What are you waiting for? Just do it."