CH 23: PEACH BLOSSOM DEBT

The capital was not a small place, and it was not a simple matter to find someone.

Nowadays, however, as the concubines had all been dismissed, Fan gongzi did not dare go to the brothels, thus, there were very few places that he went to everyday. Soon, Fan gongzi's secret was discovered by Tang Ying.

"Unreasonable!" Tang Ying slammed the tea cup that she held in her hands on the table, "When both families were discussing the marriage, he had an affair with an outside woman. This man simply does not have me in his eyes. My brother had told me before that this person was unreliable, and now it has been proven true."

"Madam, be at ease," said the maid, "The young master still does not dare bring the woman into the house, which shows that there are still some scruples. It's because this woman knows how to control a man's heart, which is why the young master made a mistake. Now, the madam and the young master are newly married couple. And this matter has attracted other's jealousy."

"Then what do you think I should do?" Tang Ying asked angrily.

"It's better to start with this woman, but she's just the daughter of a drill field officer, and it's beneath madam to handle her..."

"You are right." Tang Ying calmed down after a while, "She is just a lowly woman, but she is delusional to think that she can marry into the Fan family and become a wife. I will meet her in person."

He Yan, on the other hand, had no idea about these twists and turns that took place in the Fan family. She thought about how to take care of the paperwork at the conscription office so that she could teach herself, in order to enter the barracks and go to Liang Zhou.

He Yun Sheng and He Sui could not be notified about the situation and for this she needed to find a good excuse. If she said that she wanted more achievements——they would think she had gone crazy. If she said revenge... forget it, it still wouldn't work.

She tossed and turned around in bed while she thought how similar the matter was when she had previously run away from home. That night, there was no moon and the wind was fast.

She knew that the conscription would come to end in the next two days, so if the documents were not filled in properly, she would lose this chance.

As she thought about it, Qing Mei came in carrying a cake in her hands, and was shocked to see He Yan tossing and turning in the bed, "Young miss, you have been lying in the bed since noon, did you eat something bad? This servant will quickly go and find someone to take a look at Miss."

"It's okay." He Yan waved her hand, "It's just that I am bored."

Not to mention, when He Yun Sheng was at home, it would be very noisy. Now that he went to school, He Yan felt bored. Even if she practised martial arts in the house, it still did not relieve her boredom. He Yan felt that people were really strange.

She lived in the Xu family house for a whole year and she used to feel lonely, but she was already used to it. But after she came here, she was accustomed to having He Yun Sheng around her, and now that she was alone for more than a month, she felt forlorn.

It was probably only He Yun Sheng whom she could say this about.

He Yan turned over and said to Qing Mei, "I am going out for a while."

"Where is the young miss going? This servant will accompany you." Qing Mei said hurriedly.

"It's okay. I'm going to get He Yun Sheng's clothes at the tailor shop." He Yan replied. It had already been twenty days. He Yun Sheng's summer and spring clothes should be ready. Since He Yun Sheng was at the school, she wanted to help him pick it up.