"Hey, Dean. I'm not some reckless yahoo, okay? I did my homework. Made damn sure it was true," Gordon stated. "Look, you've got your Roadhouse connections, I got mine. It's how I found Sammy in the first place." I froze at his words. Someone had sold us out.

Gordon walked across the room and sat down in an old armchair, rifle in hand.

"About a month ago I found another one of these freaks here in town. He could deep-fry a person just by touching them."

I cut my eyes to Dean's, realizing my own stupid mistake. I should have told them, I should have come here to check out the murder in person.

"Yeah, did he kill anyone?" Dean wondered, looking down at the ropes that tied him.

"Well, besides Mr. Tinkles the cat? No. But he was working up to it. They're all gonna be killers, Dean. We've got to take them all out. And that means Sammy too."

"You don't know that, Gordon," I pressed. He ignored me, cocking his rifle.

"You think Sam's stupid enough to walk through that front door?" Dean asked, glaring.

"No, I don't. Especially since I'm sure you found a way to warn him. Ha. You really think I'm that stupid?"

Dean smirked, raising his eyebrows meaningfully, and Gordon stood up, walking back to the front room, and I had to twist my head in an uncomfortable position to be able to keep my eyes on him.
"No. Sammy's going to scope the place first, see me covering the front door. So he's going to take the back. And when he does he'll hit the tripwire. Then -- " He pulled out a grenade from his bag. "Boom."

"Sam's not gonna fall for a friggin' tripwire," Dean stated confidently.

"Maybe you're right. That's why I'll have a second one." Gordon pulled out another grenade, and I could see the color drain from Dean's face. Pressure had built up in my chest, and now it tightened. "Hey, look. I'm sorry. I wish I didn't have to do this, I really do. But for what it's worth, it'll be quick."

I watched as Gordon disappeared into the back to set up his tripwires, but my eyes landed on Dean as soon as he was out of sight.

"You okay?" He breathed out before I had the chance to say anything.

"Yeah," I assured him. "You?"  He nodded his answer. "Can you get out?"

"I'm working on it," he whispered, and my eyes flew to the door to make sure Gordon wasn't back just yet.

"We need to convince him this isn't the right thing," I mumbled, and  I felt the task's impossibility, my fingers clawing at the armrests. I straightened my back, straining to look if I could see the large hunter, but he was still rigging his trap. I pulled at my ropes in frustration, feeling the skin on my wrists becoming raw. 

I tilted my head up to the ceiling, closing my eyes, my brains going over all the scenarios of how this could go. "The second I get out of here, I'm gonna put a cap through his fucking head."

"That's not very nice," Gordon's voice mused as he came back. I groaned and slowly opened my eyes to look at him.

"It doesn't have to end that way," I hummed. "This isn't right, Gordon."

"Come on, man. I know Sam, okay, better than anyone," Dean began, and Gordon picked up a chair from the floor, sitting on it beside Dean. "He's got more of a conscience than I do, I mean, the guy feels guilty surfing the Internet for porn."

"Maybe you're right. But one day, he's going to be a monster."

"How? Huh? How's a guy like Sam become a monster?"