Part 67

I groaned as I rolled over in bed, awoken by the radio playing Heat of the Moment by Asia. I felt for Dean, who had slept beside me, but my hand only came in contact with the sheets. I cracked an eye open to Dean sitting on the edge of the bed, tying his shoes and ready for the day. I could hear Sammy groan from the other bed and grabbed a pillow to cover my face. 

Heat of the momentTelling you what your heart is

"Rise and shine!" Dean chirped.

Sam's answer was muffled by the pillow covering my face. "Dude. Asia?" 

"Come on. You love this song, and you know it," Dean teased, grabbing the pillow from my hands and removing it.

"Yeah, and if I ever hear it again, I'm gonna kill myself," Sam commented.

Dean just leaned over and turned the volume on the radio up. "What? Sorry couldn't hear you."  

It was the heat of the moment, Heat of the moment, Heat of the moment, Showed in your eyes

He took his opportunity to lean over and place a quick kiss on my lips. "Time to wake up, sweet cheeks." 

"Coffee," I croaked, voice rough.

"Are you pouting? Come on, get up, and we'll get some breakfast."

We got dressed and began our morning routine of brushing our teeth. Dean, who seemed set to annoy Sammy began to gargle. I popped out some toothpaste on my brush, doing my best to ignore the mess on the tube. I had no energy to clean it off, so I handed it to Sam, glancing over at him as he inspected it with a look of disgust, all while Dean still gurgled, glancing at Sam to gauge his reaction. 

I rolled my eyes and began to brush my teeth, humming to the song that had awoken me. 

We finished up and got ready to leave for breakfast. 

"Whenever you're ready, Dean," the younger hunter commented as he watched Dean rummage around the room, looking for something. 

He pulled one of my bras from his bag, holding it up and looking at his brother. "This yours?" he deadpanned. Sam glared at him while Dean let out a loud amused "Ha!" and then returned to his bag, pulling out his gun. "Bingo."

I shared a look with Sam. 

"Now, who's ready for some breakfast?" Dean asked as he walked past us as if we were the ones taking time.

I followed the brothers down the street to where the closest diner was, dragging my feet behind me, only moving forward due to the promise of the liquid black gold.

The door chimed, and I took a quick glance around the room, taking in every single person. The cashier handed over change to an elderly man with a, "Drive safely now, Mr. Pickett." And Mr. Picket answered with a dismissive "Yeah, yeah," walking out before the door managed to close behind us. 

Sam and Dean were already on their way to one of the booths, and I scanned the room one more time as the cook offered up an order and a waitress reminded one of the customers that he couldn't stay without ordering something, making him pass her some change for another coffee.

I slide into the booth next to Dean, rubbing my temples to keep the impending headache induced by a too-low level of caffeine at bay. 

"Hey. Tuesday. Pig in a poke," Dean grinned, just noticing one of the posters on the wall by the menus. 

"You even know what that is?" Sam sassed, and I wrinkled my nose.

"You guys ready?" one of the waitresses asked, and my eyes briefly skimmed over the name tag 'Doris.'