Part 50

"Are they sure this is the place?" Sam asked as we approached Bobby's car, where the older hunter and Dean were waiting.

"Yeah, Dean's been looking for this guy all day," I informed the younger Winchester. "Don't they look just a bit too comfortable for a stakeout?" I added, seeing Bobby and Dean through the car window, chatting.

"I guess we'll find out," Sam said with a mischievous smile. I smirked when he started to sneak up to the car and followed his lead.

"Now," I whispered, and we both took the last steps running, banging our fists on the windows. Both hunters inside jumped. I chuckled as Sam opened the door.

"That's not funny!" Dean told us, but Sam was already shoving his seat forward, making Dean fly forward.

"Yeah. Uh, all right, so – " He squeezed into the backseat, and I followed. "so, John Doe's name is Walter Rosen. He's from Oak Park, just west of Chicago. Went missing about a week ago."

"The night the Devil's Gate opened?" Dean questioned.

"Yeah."

"So you think he's possessed?"

"That's my guess," I said

Sam nodded in agreement. "So, what, he just walks up to someone, touches them, and they go stark raving psycho?"

"Those demons that got out at the gate – they're gonna do all kinds of things we haven't seen," Bobby pointed out.

"You mean the demons we let out," Sam countered.

I sighed. "Sam, we didn't let anything out. I have a clear memory of trying to stop–"

"Guys," Dean interrupted us, nodding ahead to indicate that Walter Rosen had just shown up. He walked straight for the bar Dean, and Bobby had been watching. "All right. Showtime."

"Wait," I said, noticing something else.

"Wait a minute," Bobby spoke, drawing all attention. I kept my eyes on the car rolling into the parking lot.

"What?" Dean asked the older hunter.

"What'd I just say? We don't know what to expect out of this guy. We should tail him till we know for sure," Bobby pushed.

"Oh, so he kills someone, and we just sit here with our junk in our hands?" Dean continued to argue.

"Guys," I tried again, this time succeeding in getting at least Sam's attention.

"We're no good dead! And we're not gonna make a move until we know what the score is," Bobby decided.

"Hey, Bobby?" Sam began and instantly got the other's attention. "I don't think that's an option."

"Why not?" Bobby asked, confused.

Annoyed, I grabbed his chin and forced him to look forward at the two figures getting out of the car that had pulled up—Isaac and Tamara, heading towards the bar.

"Damn it!" Bobby growled, slapping the steering wheel.

"I'll follow them inside, make sure they have backup if needed. You three wait here," I ordered, slapping Dean's shoulder as if to tell him to move the seat so I could get out.

"No," he protested. "Not gonna happen."

"And why not?" I asked, glaring at him.

"Because it's like Bobby said, you don't know what to expect in there," Dean answered.

I rolled my eyes. "I can handle it."

"Will, I don't think–" Sam began, but he never got the chance to finish what he was saying. I forced Dean's seat forward, once again making him slam into the front, and climbed out. "I'll just... silently report back to you what's inside." I held up my phone.