Chapter 28

This is the original Chapter 28.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

------------------------------------------

His POV

I have been driving for 10 hours straight trying to find Liza. It's already 1 in the morning. I also requested the police and hired a private investigator but I can't just sit and wait! D-did she ate? D-does she have a place to stay? Where is she?

I pulled the car at the side of the road. I tiredly rested my body against the driver's seat. I'm tired. There's no use denying that fact. I'm tired but I need to find Liza.

Tears started to flow from my eyes again. Liza, where did you go? I need you.

I didn't notice my eyes are starting to close. Maybe I need to rest a bit. Liza, where are you, sweetie.

-----------------------------------------

I heard my phone ringing. I immediately opened my eyes and frantically took my phone. It's the private investigator. I immediately answered the call.

"Any reports about my fiance?" I nervously asked.

"Yes, sir." he said that bring relief to my system. Now, I can find her. To tell her I'm sorry.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"We found out that she went to the bus terminal after she left the cake house. We saw that she rode a bus papuntang probinsya nila." the private investigator said and added some details about it. I immediately turned on the engine of the car and went to the nearest gasoline station.

I am now driving my way to Liza's province. Still in the suit I wore yesterday. I don't care how I look but I need to see Liza this instance.

It took me about 4 hours until I reached a small borough. There are people looking at the car that it seems it's their first time to see a car like this.

I stopped the car and rolled down the window to ask.

"Do you know where the Lopez family lives?" I asked them. But it seems they didn't understand what I said that's why I repeated the question in tagalog.

"Ah opo. Diretsuhin niyo lang po. Katabi ng sari-sari store ang bahay nila." someone answered and gave me the directions.

I finally stopped the car in front of a simple house. I can't  believe Liza went through this life. Simple.

I got out of the car. I walked to the door and knocked repeatedly. I heard someone walking towards the door.

I heard footsteps getting closer. When the door suddenly opened, I saw Liza in a simple outfit. A simple shirt and shorts.

I immediately closed the spaces between us and hugged her real tight that I didn't want her to leave again.