Gotta get that bag

Pulling into the parking lot next to Niko's fox body, I spotted him with a cigarette in his fingers a few feet from the bay door. A purple 1970's charger sat inside.

* the charger*

Heading over to Niko, he put his smoke out and glanced at me

Heading over to Niko, he put his smoke out and glanced at me. " You're late."

I shrugged and rolled up my sleeves, going inside and over to the soap shelf so I can power wash the car. Niko grabbed my arm then pushed my face to the side. Oh what now? Gonna complain about a single hickey? He kissed my neck okay? So what. It was a friendly kiss to comfort me. It meant nothing... Right?

" Sage."

" Niko."

" Malik?"

I paused, holding my breath. "... Maybe."

He rolled his eyes and threw the soap bucket at me. Ass. I poured the soap in and got to work.

I wont deny, it is amazing being around cars all day and night. It's my passion. It's what I like to do. Alas, i only work here till 3 then wait tables at Vicky's diner till 6. I mean I was gonna pick up an early morning job too but didn't find anything.

Niko hit me with the hose, catching my attention. " When are you heading to the races?"

" Nine maybe. I dunno if I'm even going."

He cocked an eyebrow. " Sage. The all time undefeated champ of racing. Not going? What's the matter?"

I shrugged and washed down the side of the beautiful car. He doesn't need to know about Erik... I mean he's just a kid. Why am I letting this kid scare me away from my passion?

Shaking my head, I scrubbed the car with the non scratch mitt. Niko grabbed my wrist as I passed it to him so he could do the other side. Wiping the bloody soap from my knuckles, my breath hitched.

" Sage. What did you do?"

I shook my head, pulling away and using the power washer to rinse the car. " Its nothing." I called over the noise. " Just drop it."

" We're gonna talk about that later."

I'd rather not... Cuz if he finds out I beat some kid, I'll be getting a lecture about how it's technically illegal. Plus Niko is protective of me so the whole thing with Erik wouldn't go over too smoothly.

***

Niko grabbed my arm just as I reached my car, now finished with work. He leaned on his fox body that was parked in front of me. " Spill it." He said, gesturing to my hand. " Do I need to ' speak' to a disrespectful boyfriend."

" No and hes not my boyfriend! He didn't do anything."

He crossed his arms and I stole a glance at my watch. Fuck. 2:30.