24: Get In The Spirit Of Things

Gentle Criminal continued to bounce off the air, keeping Yuji trapped in one small area. He kept dodging, which infuriated the villain to no end, but he couldn't keep that up forever. He had to figure out how to win. 

"I was almost a hero you know." Gentle revealed, taking a small break from bouncing at Yuji. "Its not worth it. You have no business protecting this school. Its simply a monument to favoritisms!". 

"I don't even go here dude!" Yuji replied, "I just don't want you ruining my friend's fun because of this. You should be in therapy, not bullying children!". He reached into the bag blindly and was relieved when he pulled out a disk. 

He flipped it in his fingers as Gentle tried to get him to bounce on the ground. He stepped out of the way just in time to avoid the solid air. 

"How do you keep dodging?!" Each word was punctuated with a new blast of air. 

"You should have gone for a frog theme." Yuji realized, "Oh my god a frog theme would suit you perfectly! Like a tree frog! You should rebrand.". 

The villain was beyond annoyed. Who was this talkative brat and what did he think he was doing? How dare he injure La Brava then spout all this nonsense? 

And he said he didn't go to U.A, how was he avoiding Gentle's attacks if he wasn't a hero student there? It didn't make sense. 

Yuji on the other hand was less annoyed, more cautious. They were far from alone on the campus. In fact a team of U.A staff members were on their way already and from the smell of it Hound Dog was coming too. 

Call it instinct, but two people with blood hound noses would smell and recognize each other. Which meant Hound Dog knew Yuji was there too. 

And he still had rope to deliver after he got rid of the petty criminal. Ha, he should say that one out loud. It would infuriate him. 

"Calm the fuck down or I'll use this." Yuji threatened, holding the disk up. The villains both took a step back.

"W-What is it?!" La Brava asked, worriedly. 

"Secret weapon." Yuji said, nodding to himself, as if he was the one he was trying to convince. "My quirk makes 'em. Pretty powerful. You might die.".

"DIE?!" La Brava gasped. Yuji nodded very seriously. 

"And you were trying to attack my friends, so this was all in self defense." He said, "I don't want to use this, but you might have forced my hand.". 

The group of U.A staff members got closer and closer as Yuji bluffed to the villains. 

And then-boom. The moment he could actually see them in the trees Yuji chucked the disk at the villains and ran for the campus, hoping the real criminals would be enough to distract the heroes and let him deliver the damn rope in peace. 

The villains screamed as the disk was tossed at them, but it wasn't even a taser disk. It expanded out into a large net made of a special, easy to compact mesh. 

Yuji passed the heroes, trying to be as quiet as possible as he gathered his skirt in his arms, hoping he wouldn't rip the dress as he kept running. 

To say Vlad King and Hound Dog were confused when they arrived on the scene to see two random villains trapped in a net would be an understatement. 

"What on earth happened here?" The 1-B homeroom teacher asked. 

"We were just walking around and some teenage boy in a blue dress attacked us!" Gentle Criminal lied. 

The heroes gave him a skeptical look. "You are aware you're on U.A property, right?". Hound Dog assumed that whoever they had encountered had been a student on their way to a performance or something, considering a blue dress wasn't he uniform. They handled the situation well and effectively and they immediately rushed back to the campus. The fact they had been described as teenage solidified that.