22: We'll Burn That Bridge When We Get To It

"Eri!" Yuji said, opening his arms for the girl. She visibly brightened up and rushed over to hug him. 

Aizawa raised an eyebrow. "You babysit once and you become this close?" He asked incredulously. 

Yuji blushed a bit. "Once?" Eri asked, confused. "Yuji visits me all the time...". She looked between the teens and adults in the room, as if to ask if that was okay to say. None of their expressions betrayed their thoughts just yet though. 

"Oh?" The hero asked, "And how does he visit you, considering Recovery Girl never mentioned it?". 

"The window..." She said, pointing at the actual window in her bedroom. It was technically the infirmary of the teacher's dorm as she had to wait to be cleared fully by Recovery Girl before she could move back in with Aizawa and Hizashi, both of whom were currently present. 

"He sneaks in through the window?" Aizawa clarified, more to watch Yuji squirm than anything else. Eri nodded. Aizawa pointedly avoided Yuji's pleading gaze as he set the girl on the ground. "Can I talk to him for a minute? You can play to Mirio and Midoriya while you wait for him to come back.". 

Eri nodded as an okay. "Should I come too or...?" Hizashi trailed off, gazing between the pair. 

"We'll be fine on our own." Aizawa assured him, walking over to the door. Yuji followed begrudgingly. 

"Ow!" Yuji's hand flew to where Aizawa had flicked him. "What was that for?!". 

"That was for sneaking into a little girl's bedroom!" The teacher seethed. "What if she starts thinking that's normal? Or starts sneaking out the window herself? She'll fall and seriously hurt herself!". 

"I just thought she'd be lonely!" Yuji defended. 

"Then visit her the normal way! You've got a visitor's pass to U.A now, use it!" Aizawa scolded. 

"I don't have time to come normally, I just sneak in while on patrol. Contrary to popular belief around here I'm not a U.A student and I have other things to do. Like homework!". 

Aizawa sighed. "The problem here is that you think the homework should be what you shift around, not the hero work.". 

"I'm getting great grades, and I haven't cheated in like-4 tests!" "Yuji!" "Okay, okay. I haven't cheated at all.".

There was a brief moment of calm. 

"Well, unless you count-" "Yuji!". 

The teen dissolved into giggles and Aizawa just rolled his eyes fondly. This kid was going to be the death of him. 

"I just thought she'd be bored. She needs some excitement in her life-she's a kid!". Aizawa gave him a small smile. 

"I know. Your hearts in the right place. And you're great with kids, so its not like you're teaching her anything untoward." He said, more reassuring himself that it was fine than anything else.

"No, I'm not teaching her anything 'untoward'. And I'm great with people in general." Yuji smirked, "Which-let me tell you-is in direct contradiction to you, fuss-budget.". 

"What does that even mean?" Aizawa asked, already leading the way back to Eri's room. 

"Its a slang term for grouches from the 1930s. I thought it suited you-you're always putting up such a fuss about everything I do." The teen laughed. 

"Maybe I just care." Aizawa said, his eyebrow raised. He opened the door to Eri's room so they could rejoin the group. 

And immediately the wholesome moment was broken when they saw Eri, with tiny red boxing gloves, demonstrating her straight on a stuffed sheep.