Chapter 6

Ash stopped once more. "Why are you chasing me!? Do you want trouble!? I'm only trying to protect you!" He threw another Poké-ball, releasing Rowlet.

Sophocles stepped off of Lunala, calling Togedemaru. "Electric types are good against flying types! Good luck!"

Lillie smiled. "Thanks, Sophocles!" And with that Lunala took off after Ash.

Ash turned back, tears burning his yellowish green eyes. "Ugh! I'm trying to keep you safe! I hate you! Go away!"

Lillie flinched. "H-hates..?"

Lusamine comforted Lillie. "He's not thinking completely straight, remember..."

Lunala chased Ash through dozens of mini islands when he pasued, dropped another Poké-ball, and quickly went off.

Lycanroc revealed itself, and Kiawe and Mallow offered to help. "You go save Ash! We got this!"

Lillie and her family chased after Ash until he scuttled over a pool of poison.

Lusamine called out her Clefable. "Fairy types are immune to poison. Lillie, you can climb on her back."

Lillie carefully climbed aboard Clefable's back, and Clefable stepped into the poison, no signs of pain at all.

Lillie climbed up a pile of rocks which Ash had floated on top of, and when she got up there she took a deep breath.

Ash was about to retreat, "I told you t-"

"You know what!?" Lillie cried. "I hate you!" It hurt her to say this to the one she loved, but she had a plan.

Ash flinched.

"You keep saying you're trying to protect us, right? Well you're hurting us! You're hurting me! We're trying to save you because we love and care about you, risking our lives, and here you are, pushing us away like a child! Grow up!" Tears were streaming down her face by now.

Ash blinked a few times, and his eyes ended up brown again. "L-lillie..." He breathed.

Lillie looked up relieved. "Ash!"

"Y-you gotta use a Z-move on me... Y-you..." His words were fading by each word, and his head lulled into the purple goop inside the bell.

Lillie felt a cold wind sweep past her, and her Z-ring lit up. The crystal had turned into an icium Z, and a little Vulpix tail had whipped itself on top. Lillie knew what she had to do, and brought out her Vulpix.

She knealed down to Vulpix, and Vulpix nodded happily.

Lillie crossed her arms, the Z-ring shining brightly.

Her hat flew, and landed perfectly on Vulpix's head. Lillie smiled. She spouted nonsense she didn't understand, then shouted, "Snowy! Use Snowstorm Hurricane!"

Vulpix glowed brightly as she roared up towards the sky. It started as a light snow, then hail, then a blizzard. A white beam shot down at Ash, and he ended in a pile of purple goop as Nihilego flew away.