He sat down on his bed after getting dressed and pulled out his phone, seeing his sister texted him about some family stuff, but he ignored it, figuring he'd answer it later. 15 minutes had passed since he'd begun to get ready and he wanted to warm the car up since it was cold outside. Nico had just gotten home so he knew it wouldn't be long before they were ready to go.

"I'on like these songs bruh!" Nico whined, "All this sappy ass shit," He mumbled, skipping a Drake song that had just started playing

"Then find something else! We haven't listened to 10 full seconds of a song for the past 10 minutes," Rashir said from the back seat.

"Shutcho ass up! You'n got an opinion 'cause you not upfront," Nico teased, sticking his tongue out.

"Grow up nigga," Rashir simply rolled his eyes, pulling his phone out.

The rest of the ride was spent listening to the different songs playing from Nico's playlist, and not much else was said. Mateo wasn't really excited about going out anymore, since he knew people he wasn't friends with would be there. He didn't like hanging out with people that he didn't know, or wasn't close with. It was nothing personal, he just preferred to be around Rashir and Nico. He knew he wouldn't enjoy the night that much, so he wasn't planning on sticking around for long or attempting to socialize.

"Who all gon' be there?" He asked Rashir, since he'd already forgotten the names of the girls Rashir had told him besides Lourdes.

"Nigga you'n listen to what I say," Rashir sucked his teeth but continued, "You already know Lo, but Nala and their friend Aaliyah gon' be there. She said some 'bout this girl Gianna coming late too,"

"So who am I pose to be talking to? Both of y'all gon' be talking to y'alls girlfriends," Mateo huffed, turning into the TopGolf parking lot.

"Lourdes ain't my girlfriend–" Rashir started but Nico cut him off.

"That's why you gotta make friends my nigga," Nico pat his chest, "Quit bein' antisocial,"

Mateo mugged him instead of answering and put the car in park, taking his seatbelt off. They all collected their things and Mateo made sure to lock the car before they made their way into the building. Rashir told them that the girls hadn't arrived so they decided to inside and get a table while they waited.

Mateo looked around while they made their way through the building since he'd never been here before. They had a full bar you could also order food from, not that far away from their table. They all sat down and Mateo put his stuff down before going to order some food since he hadn't eaten all day.

"Matt!" He heard his name and looked back to see Nico yelling for him.

"What?" He yelled back, embarrassed he was yelling back and forth across the place.

"Get me a sprite and some buffalo wings!" Nico gave him a thumbs up and Mateo rolled his eyes, turning back around to talk to the bartender. Once he ordered their food, he went back to the table to sit down while Rashir was standing up, straightening out his hoodie.