"And he's good too you?" Vito asks as he nods towards Xavier.

"No." I told him, "he's amazing to me."

"When he wakes, I would like you to know you both have my blessing for whatever it is you wish to do. Just please, keep it pg13."

Bit late for that

Despite not knowing each other as well as siblings should, I've always wanted the approval of my older brothers and sister.

To know that my decision is something they respected and were willing to accept.

"Theo's been waiting to talk to you." Vito states after a few minutes of total silence between us.

"He knows where to find me." Was all I replied with, anxious to see my brother.

I saw Vito nod his head in the corner of my eye before standing up. He approached the chair in which I sat, kissed the top of my head before leaving the room.

"Siempre me dijiste que deseabas volver a conectarte con tu hermana antes de su muerte, mi amor.

A pesar de lo que te ha hecho, perdonaré a mi hermano, porque sé que querrías que lo hiciera.

Eso no cambia el hecho de que cuando te despiertes, puedes golpearlo.

Creo que realmente disfrutaría viendo eso."

I said in a painfully quiet voice as I brushed some of Xavier's fast growing eyes away from his face.

You always told me that you wanted to reconnect with your sister before her death, my love.
Despite what he has done to you, I will forgive my brother, because I know you would want me to.
That doesn't change the fact that when you wake up, you can hit him.
I think I would really enjoy seeing that.

"Liv..." I heard a broken voice whisper.

Turning my head slightly, I saw it was Megan stood in the door of the room.

"Hey Meg." I sadly smiled, tears brimming my eyes.

She gave me a sympathetic but joyful smile as she sped over to my, embracing me in a long overdue hug.

"Where have you been?" Megan's relived tone was still holding back, probably due to my state and the man I love beside me.

"With Xavier, around the city." I told her, pulling back and taking my place back in the chair I've claimed for the past week.

"I'm sorry I didn't come sooner. I've been trying to get through to Theo and get work done." She explained sorrow shone in her bright blue eyes.

"Yeah, Andrea told me you joined the French Mafia." I smiled, happy to see her smiling back at me at the mention of her work.

"Your mafia." She corrects, a sneaky grin on her face.

"My mafia." I repeat. "It's weird. I've known about the mafia for years, but the fact that it is mine has never fully sank in."

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, they all already respect you. They've been desperate to have their young boss back."

"I don't think they'd want me looking like this." I humourlessly chuckle.

It was true, I am a mess.

My eyes held bags from the past week, running on ten hours sleep for the past six and a half days. My skin had paled quite considerably considering how tanned it had become since we escaped Alexi. My just below shoulder length brown hair was clean, but not well brushed at all.

And my eyes were as dead as Alec at the moment.

"Theo told me what happened." Megan tells me, "if he had known, he wouldn't have dared shoot Xavier."

"I know." I sighed, giving her a small glance before taking Xavier's warm hand once again. "It'll be difficult, but we will work past this."

With a final sigh, I nodded my head, answering her unasked question.

She left the room, after giving me a final hug, and a moment later, Theo entered.

"Will he be okay?" Not what I expected the first thing he said to me in a week would be; but honestly, I loved that he bothered to ask.

"They've confirmed he's not brain dead, but still unsure if there is severe or any brain damage." I said, an expressionless look on my face.

"I'm so sorry Liv." His voice broke as a sob escaped his lips. "I had no idea who he was to you. All I saw was Alec's mutilated body and I was furious."

"I understand." I told him, my eyes not leaving Xavier. "I forgive you."

"Really?" his voice was nothing more than a mere whisper, disbelief etched in every word he spoke.

"Yes. I would've done the exact same thing."

"je t'aime mon petit diable." By now, I had stood up and wrapped my arms around him.
I love you my little devil.

Hugging my brother again after years apart

There is nothing compared to the love between brother and sister. The bond that will keep you connected never breaks.

It's the bond that will stick with you all throughout your lives.

"I love you too Theo." I whispered.

But we were broken from our hug when the heart monitors flatlined.

Xavier's heart monitors.

Doctors and nurses rushed inside, bringing with them treys and a defibrillator.

"Clear!" The lead doctor shouted.

A jolt of electricity was sent through Xavier's body as I thrashed and cried in Theo's arms as he held me back.

"Clear!"

"Clear!"

"Clear!"

"Time of death-"