"who's side are you on?"

Y/n's POV

A few days after Spencer was killed, we held a funeral for him. Everyone came to the church dressed in black. I've never seen so many nobles in my entire life.

"Y/n, how are you feeling?" his father asked me. "Heartbroken, he was supposed to be my husband and we were supposed to spend the rest of our days together" I said to him. "Y/n don't sit there and dwell on his lost, you're still young, go find another husband, it's your duty" Mr. Marvolo said to me. "I'll keep that in mind, but I'm going to wait until I'm ready" I explained to him. "I can see why he was so in love with you" he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

I sat down with my family and waited for the funeral to start. I felt multiple pairs of eyes on me. I glanced over at Timothy and he felt it too. I noticed that the Moriarty brothers were at the funeral too. They were sitting a few rows behind us.

Ironic  I thought.

The pastor then started speaking about Spencer's life and after 45 minutes of speaking, everyone started saying their final goodbyes. I found it strange how none of his relatives didn't seem that sad, they were more upset about something. When I stood up and saw Spencer one last time, they were all glaring at me. I felt someone tap on my shoulder and I turned around.

"Y/n can I speak with you when this is over" I heard Albert's voice.

I nodded in response and sat back down. As everyone was heading out, I stayed behind.

"Y/n-" "I need some time alone" I said to my mother.

I sat in front of Spencer's closed casket and reflected on the last few days. I couldn't believe half of the things that had happened.

"GET DOWN!" I heard someone yell at me before being brought to the ground.

Their hand was on the back of my head. I'm guessing that they didn't want me to get hurt. I opened my eyes and saw a man younger than me with blond hair and red eyes.

William? No, this one's Louis, William doesn't wear glasses  I thought to myself.

I started to hear the sounds of guns be fired from above us from the second floor of the church. Louis looked around before dragging me behind a pillar. I took a peek and saw a bunch of bullets dashing across the church. Someone was trying to kill me.

"Y/n, go through the back doors, my brother is waiting for you" Louis ordered me.

I listened to him and quickly got to the back doors without being shot.

"Y/n!" Albert grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a carriage. "What the hell is going on, first he gets killed and now I almost get killed, who's side are you on Albert?" I asked him. "I know this seems confusing but we've always been on your side" he explained to me.

Moran's POV

I looked from below and got the signal from Louis.

"She's gone" I said to James.

He nodded and we stopped shooting and hid behind the balcony. We tried our hardest not to move. It was so silent that you could only hear our small breaths. After five minutes of waiting, we went to the first floor of the church.

"What a day, it's not even noon yet" James said to me. "Let's get out of here" Louis said to us.

Y/n's POV

I sat there in silence until three men came inside the house. There was Louis and two other men. A tall dark haired man who looked around Spencer's age and a shorter man with blond hair who looked a little familiar.

"So Y/n as you probably know by now, people are out to kill you" William spoke calmly. "The Marvolos hired a group of people to kill you because they're upset about their son's death" Albert said. "So they think this is my fault?" I asked him. "Pretty much, yeah" he replied to me. "Well you probably know this too, but we are The Lord of Crime or James Moriarty" William said.

I looked around and some people looked more familiar. I've seen some of them before. The tall man was at my father's party and there was this boy who I've seen at the theater.

"Can we take down the Marvolos?" I asked William. "We?" Sebastian asked. "She knows them better than we do" Albert explained. "Your things are still at his house right?" William asked me.

I nodded.

"Get your things and look out for any proof" he said to me. "I understand" I replied to him. "Well since you know I guess this is a good time to tell you that I'm a part of this" I heard Timothy enter the room. "How long have you been in this?" I asked him. "Since you left" he replied.

I looked at William.

"Let me join too" I said to him. "Tim, tell her everything when you get home" he said to my brother.

We left the Moriarty mansion and went home.

"So what's the plan?" I asked my brother. "His family is most likely going to watch you dance, they won't try to kill you themselves so they'll hire people. That's where we come in. We'll take them out and expose the Marvolos" he explained. "How would we do that?" I asked him. "We have enough proof" he replied.

He was right, Ms. Lawrence saw him and his friends try to mess me up at rehearsal and all the maids have heard our arguments. I was ready to do whatever needed to be done to stop all of this.