"you're mine"

Y/n's POV

The next morning I woke up and let out a huge sigh. I was meeting with my soon to be husband. I didn't know him yet but I had a feeling it wasn't going to be a pleasant experience. I got out of bed and started to put on my dress. This time I didn't give up on closing the back. I did my makeup and tried my hardest to look my best for my fiancé. When I went downstairs, my mother complimented me.

"You look stunning my dear" she smiled brightly. "That's my girl" my father said to me.

Timothy walked past me and spoke low.

"If you had an updo, you'd be Marie Antoinette" he said.

I was gonna trip him but my mother stopped me.

"Y/n remember what we talked about, you'll be a bride soon and you need to be poised young lady now" she reminded me. "I'm sorry mother" I apologized before I got lectured by her.

We then heard a knock on the door.

"That must be him" my father was more excited than me.

Less than a minute later, he came back with a man older than me. He had brunette hair and grey eyes. He seemed nice but not the man for me.

"You must be Y/n, I'm Spencer Marvolo" he took my hand and kissed it. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you, this is my brother Timothy and my mother Blanche" I put on a fake smile.

He shook both of their hands. Such a kiss-ass I thought.

"Y/n, I was thinking that you and Spencer should spend some time together and get to know each other" My father suggested. "That's a lovely idea!" Spencer spoke before I could. "Alrighty then, there's a carriage outside" my father was so eager for us to go.

He walked us outside and Spencer opened the door for me.

"After you m'lady" he said to me. "Thanks" I smiled at him.

I sat there in silence. Thinking about how this man would marry me and make me his property made me feel sick. I didn't even know him and now I have to marry him. Who knows what his intentions are? I honestly didn't want to be with this man for the rest of my life. He was not the one I loved and I knew that for a fact. I couldn't reject his proposal because I was marrying him for the sake for my family. But still I didn't want to be remembered as Spencer Marvolo's perfect little wife who was silent and never had a say in anything. I've seen it happen before and I didn't want that to be me. As the carriage was rolling through the city, and I saw a familiar man with brown hair and emerald green eyes; It was Albert walking the streets with his brothers. He had saw me through the window and gave me a smile. I felt a lot better and my anxiety went away for a second. I'd rather marry Albert than Spencer but I didn't have a choice. I then felt Spencer grab me by the chin.

"Y/n are you ignoring me? I've been trying to talk to you!" he spoke a little louder. "I'm sorry I don't know what has gotten into me" I apologized to him. "Thank god women aren't in politics am I right?" he said.

I let out a fake laugh.

"So Y/n are you a virgin?" he asked me out of the blue. "What?" his question caught me off guard. "You heard me, have you had intercourse with another man?" he was more stern. "I haven't and even if I did, why would it matter?" I replied. "I'll try to explain this so that you can understand. If a woman gives up her innocence to another man, then her children won't be as strong as the man she's supposed to marry because the former lover still has a part of himself in the woman" he explained.

This man is an idiot I thought to myself.

"I see" I said to him. "So if you're lying, not that you would be, you know I'll know right?" he added. "Right" I replied to him. "So your name, it's ambiguous" I tried to change the subject. "Ambiguous?" he asked. "Yeah both males and females can have the name Spencer" I explained to him. "Spencer doesn't sound feminine at all, but that's enough about me, you know you'll be mine once we get married right?" he changed the subject again. "Right" I tried to hide how uncomfortable I was. "That means that you'll have to fulfill all of my desires" Spencer looked me dead in the eyes.

I couldn't come up with anything to say.

"I know you're supposed to wait after marriage but you're just a beautiful woman, can you give me the pleasure I need now?" Spencer pulled me closer to him, our lips almost meeting. "If you love me and your family you'll say yes" he added before pulling me into a kiss.

My eyes were wide open and I tried pulling away but he was too strong. His hands explored my waist for at least five minutes before we got back home.

"You need to work on that" he said to me. "I don't need to work on anything" I finally let my true colors show. "When I tell you something, you listen to me. You're mine now. I want you to go into that house and act like you had the time of your life, do you understand?" he pulled me by the collar.

I nodded in response.

"So how was it?" my father asked us as soon as we entered my home. "It was amazing, Y/n is such a remarkable woman" Spencer held onto my waist tightly. "Well I'm glad that you're interested in our daughter, we'll see you tomorrow evening right?" my mother smiled at him. "I'll be there" he said before leaving. "Why is he coming tomorrow?" I asked my mother. "Oh I forgot to tell you, we'll be having an engagement party" my mother smiled. "Goodness gracious how many parties are we gonna have?" I asked her before walking up to my room.

I closed the door and threw a pillow across the room out of anger. I hated that man, yet he's gonna be my husband. A few minutes later Timothy came in my room with a glass lemonade.

"It was that bad?" he sat next to me and handed me the drink. "He thinks I belong to him" I vented to my brother. "I mean technically you do if you were to get married but between me and you, I think Albert is better" Timothy said. "He's not even an option" I put my face in one of my pillows. "Hang in there big sis" Timothy patted my head. "Easier said than done" I replied to him.

Even though my brother was getting all of my father's money, I couldn't hate him. He's always there for me and I can tell him everything.