"a believable lie"

Y/n's POV

The first day with Spencer was okay but it started getting worse by night.

"Y/n my dear, are you excited for our wedding?" he asked me. "Please don't call me that" I replied calmly. "Why not?" Spencer asked me. "You know how I truly feel" I replied to him. "But you don't know how I truly feel" he replied. "Don't try to lie Spencer, I know what you're trying to do" I snapped. "Wow...looks like you women can actually use your heads" he was surprised. "For your information, I've always been smart, you're just too busy running your mouth to notice" I shot back. "What good is your intellect if you're a mess Y/n?" Spencer yelled at me. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I asked him. "You're an alcoholic and you can't dance in front of people anymore" he said to me. "Just because I can drink more than you doesn't mean that I'm addicted" I replied, trying to keep my cool. "That doesn't mean that it's normal" he replied. "So what, I don't have a problem!" I screamed at him. "That's my point you go on and scream at people and then cry when you have to dance in front of people" Spencer tried to prove his point. "You humiliated me, what type of future husband does that. This is exactly why I don't want to marry a poor excuse of a man like yourself" I replied.

His crazed expression changed. He had gotten more serious. I saw him walk over to a chest and take something out. I soon realized it was a dagger. I slowly backed away from him. I was defenseless. The silence was so loud, the only thing that I could hear were the raindrops outside.

"I'll teach you a lesson Y/n, if you disrespect a man in their household they'll make you regret it" he said to me. "You're crazier than me!" I screamed. "We're all a little crazy aren't we!" he yelled with a smile.

I then realized that he's been wanting to do this since we first met. I gave up and stopped backing away. He won, and he was going to get what he wanted. I didn't cry I just regretted staying with him. When I thought it was over, I saw a man in a black cloak open the window. It was truly over for me.

Albert's POV

I opened the window and hopped inside the Marvolo Mansion. Y/n was at death's door and I quickly reacted. I threw a knife at Spencer's back and he turned around and looked at me.

"You're the Lord of Crime! I bet you're here to save this poor excuse of a woman!" he yelled at me.

He attempted to come closer to me but he wasn't aware of Louis. He came behind him and held a knife to his neck. William helped Y/n up.

"Are you okay miss?" he asked her.

She nodded her head and watched in fear and shock. Spencer was still strong considering he was stabbed. He elbowed Louis in the stomach. William then came in front of him and slid his knife across both of his knees, causing him to drop. I finished him off by stabbing him in the chest. He laid there motionless. I looked up at Y/n.

"We'll leave the rest to you" William said before hopping out the window with Louis.

I walked over to Y/n, she was in nightclothes and I could tell that she was scared. I brought her to the ground and out my hand over her mouth before I took off my mask.

"Do you trust me?" I asked her before removing my hand from her mouth. "You're the Lord of Crime? You can go to jail for this" she explained to me. "All of those were his weapons, now do you trust me?" I repeated. "How can I say no, you saved me" she replied. "When you wake up tomorrow morning, tell the maids to get police. Say that there was a robbery" I told her my plan. "I understand" she replied to me. "I'm sorry for this" I apologized. "What" she asked.

I wrapped my hands around her throat and squeezed. She instantly grabbed onto my hand.

"Trust me okay?" I said to her.

I squeezed harder and harder until her eyes shut. I let go of her neck and made sure her heart was still beating. I got up and hopped out the window.

Y/n's POV

I woke up the next morning and everything was a mess like last night. My throat was sore but I remembered what Albert had told me. I got up and screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Someone help me my fiancé has been murdered and someone stole his valuables!" I screamed.

A maid came running. She was speechless and stared at Spencer's dead body.

"What are you doing standing around go get the police he's dead!" I started to cry.

I went to his room and 'sobbed' until the police came. They cleaned up the scene and asked me about the robber. I told them a believable lie: a group of robbers came and stole his daggers and weapons, Spencer tried to defend us but ended up getting killed. The robbers then choked me and left me there to die. Detectives tried to find any clues on where they went but found nothing. The Marvolo family had no other choice but to accept his death without knowing the killer. It truly was a perfect crime.