Part 9 - Long Car Journey

Good was the last one to get into the car, claiming he had to go get his earphones from upstairs.

"You better hurry up, or I'm leaving without you."

Whilst he was gone, a thought occurred to Jef.

"Wait, couldn't he have just brought them here using magic?"

"Maybe he just doesn't have the energy to at the minute" Napsap suggested.

"Yeah, maybe.."

The car door opened and Good stepped inside, just barely fitting. George was driving, Nightmare was next to him, Jef was in the middle and Napsap was at the right. Good wanted to protest, he didn't like sitting at the back of cars, but figured they probably sat like this every car ride so he stayed quiet.

As soon as they set off, Good put his headphones in and put some music on, closing his eyes as he listened. George and Nightmare talked to each other, Jef and Napsap also. Good knew that sitting in the back of the car wouldn't be comfortable as his wings were quite squished, but knew they'd stop half way for a break. After around 10 minutes, he reopened his eyes, turning to look at Jef. He could sense he wasn't feeling well and he wasn't talking to Napsap anymore. He nudged him softly and whispered, "You okay?"

"No, I feel sick," He responded quietly, "I've always been travel sick but it's normally not this bad."

Good thought for a moment, before giving one of his earphones to Jef.

"Here, I get travel sick too sometimes, music always helps me"

"Oh, thanks." Jef hesitantly put the earphone in. He didn't know what Good listened to and was afraid it would be heavy metal or something. However, he was surprised to hear Cavetown playing.

"You like this song?" Good asked, willing to change it if needs be.

"Yeah, I love Cavetown!" Jef replied happily, to which Good gave a smile. Napsap looked over to see how Jef was doing and smiled also. He was glad Good was helping him and was still getting used to him smiling; he normally wouldn't smile around the Team, par Jef, of course.

~

"Alright, we're halfway there, anyone need a break?"

"I do," Jef chuckled. He always needed to have a break halfway.

"Me too," Good added.

"Alright, we'll be waiting here."

They had stopped outside of a shop so Jef could go get water and restock on food, but they didn't know why Good needed to step out. Maybe he felt ill too?

As soon as he stepped out, his wings immediately stretched to their full width, which he never did himself in front of others.

"Woah! Look at his wings guys!" Napsap exclaimed.

"Damn, I didn't know they were that big!"

"Christ, he's been hiding them alright!" George uttured, amazed at the size of his large angel wings. Good stretched his arms out then shrunk his wings again, conscious of the others watching. He followed Jef inside the shop where he was waiting.

~

When they got back, they wasted no time starting the car up again, Good putting the music back on through his headphones. Jef hadn't gotten that much sleep last night, as he was too worried about Good, so he only got a few hours sleep in said boy's room. This was evident as he closed his eyes and leaned on Good's arm. The taller boy was startled at first, not knowing what to do, but eventually, he slouched down so Jef could lean on his shoulder instead, and put his head on the smaller boy's. He took Jef's hand and closed his eyes too. Before long, both boys were asleep. After a little while, Nightmare went to check in the rear-view mirror at the ones in the back, where he saw them both asleep.