Regulate

A/n I had a dream last night that I went to a bar with Araki. I don't really remember it but I think he gave me a present but later tried to ditch me 😅

Also, because this book has been #1 in "Narancia" all week, here's a chapter dedicated to our favorite scrappy man-kid.

Narancia was back playing with his Gameboy on the couch, while Mista sat reading a magazine in a reclining chair. There were still small tasks around the loft to do, but they both figured they had done enough for the day. They had moved furniture and put toilet paper in the bathroom - what more were they expected to do? They could all just unpack their bags item-by-item whenever they needed something out of them.

"NARANCIA!" Fugo shouted across the loft as he walked in with paper bags of groceries in each arm. "Please get up and help me put this food away."

"Ehh, but Fuugoooo," Narancia said slowly, eyes fixated on the Gameboy, "I'm battling the Elite Four!" Mista's eyes peeked over his magazine.

"Put it down, Narancia. This will only take a minute if we do it together," Fugo argued. Narancia groaned, set the still-on Gameboy on the couch, and got up to help Fugo in the kitchen. Mista, seeing an opportunity, reached over and yanked the blue game cartridge out of the handheld console. He slid it back in and placed it back on the couch where it had been before leaning back and continuing to read his magazine. He studied the fashion pictures and wondered if Lira ever designed anything like that. No, her designs are even better, he thought before looking down to admire his sweater.

"Neh-neh-neh-neh-neh," Number 5 briefly appeared and taunted Mista before flying back into his hat.

"Numba 5! Leave me alone!" Mista whined quietly.

Lira was in one of the two massive bathrooms, gently squeezing water out of her hair with a towel. She had showered and changed into dry clothes. As she observed the fancy marble sink, the clean tile flooring, and the massive bathtub, she looked at herself in the mirror and wondered how she had gone from living in poverty to lavish luxury. Her thoughts quickly turned to Bucciarati - of course he was the reason she was standing there now instead of toiling behind an old sewing machine in a cramped, dusty studio. He looked different today - so happy. Maybe a bike ride is all it takes to forget your worries.

She hummed to herself before hearing Narancia yell from the living room, "Ah! My game! I lost my spot when I was in the middle of taking down the Elite Four! Damnit! Fuck!"

Lira exited the bathroom to see Narancia clutching the Gameboy in disbelief. "Fuck! Gahh! Mista, did you see anything?" the scrappy teenager asked. Mista looked up from his magazine. "Huh? Oh, it made some weird noise while you were in the kitchen," he lied casually before going back to his reading.

"I can't believe this!" Narancia groaned before spotting Lira as she walked over. His quickly forgot about his unsaved game and turned to her. "Hi Lira! You look pretty!" he said excitedly. Fugo, still in the kitchen, rose an eyebrow. She was wearing a short brown floral-print dress with buttons up the front, which made even Fugo stare. Mista looked her up and down, trying desperately to look casual. "Gattina," he muttered under his breath as he lifted the magazine to hide his reddening face.

 "Gattina," he muttered under his breath as he lifted the magazine to hide his reddening face