Friday

The day of the not-date/hit job finally arrived. Lira had been nervous all week - not just because she was about to hang out one-on-one with the most gorgeous person she'd ever seen, but because of the reason for hanging out. Sometimes she wondered if it was a joke. Was she really going to be expected to end a life? She didn't even like killing spiders! Maybe Bucciarati just wanted an excuse for a date! she fooled herself.

It was already 6pm and nobody had shown up to do her hair and makeup like Bucciarati told her. Maybe it was just a sick prank, him getting her hopes up as payback for testing her stand on him. That would be really fucked up, she thought. She called Fugo on the Nokia brick.

"Ciao Lira, we'll be over around 8. It's a late reservation. People don't really go to this kind of place early."

"Oh alright, I was beginning to think it wasn't happening. I'm gonna hop in the shower then, see you soon."

~*~

Lira came out of the bathroom dressed in an old bathrobe only to find her mom and some white-haired stranger in a black trench coat having a drink together. "Hello Lira!" her mom said excitedly, "Fugo's here and he brought a very nice friend over!"

"Umm hello... I'm Lira, I've never seen you before! It's nice to meet you."

The stranger just looked at her, grunted, and took a sip of his whiskey. Fugo walked out of Lira's bedroom holding the red dress on a hanger. "Oh! I see you've met Abbacchio. He's the makeup artist."

a/n you walk in to find this guy drinking with your mom, wyd?

Lira quirked an eyebrow as she made eye contact with the stranger, moving her eyes to the condensating glass in his hand.

"Let's get this over with," Abbacchio grunted, throwing back the rest of his drink before standing up.

"Ooo how exciting! Make my daughter beautiful!" Lira's mother said in a very motherly (but flirty?) way.

Fugo, Abbacchio, and Lira went into Lira's small room for the makeover. Abbacchio grunted and motioned for her to sit down on the bed. "Don't you have any fuckin chairs in this room"? he commented.

"I could get o.." Lira started before Abbacchio cut her off with "don't bother."

"We used to share this room," Fugo made small talk as Abbacchio brushed Lira's hair.

"Fascinating," Abbacchio rolled his eyes and pulled her hair back into an elegantly low ponytail. He then opened his makeup bag and took a long look at Lira's face. "Hmph. You're young, you don't need much." He swiped some mascara on and quickly brushed her brows into place. "Why did Bucciarati even bother calling me for this?" He shook his head and took a step back. "I'm going to go wait in the car," he said and promptly left. He could be heard saying goodbye to Lira's mother before shutting the door.