It was good to have all three of them back together again. It wasn't the same when one of them wasn't there. They came to a slow at the traffic lights, a familiar car stopping beside them.

Oh god. This wasn't going to be good. Allison and Scott hadn't talked since she left for the summer, and who was in the car with Stiles? Obviously, his partners in crime; Max and Scott.

"Oh my god, oh my god! I can't see him, not now!" Allison hissed, attempting to hide her face with her hand. Like that was gonna work. The girls bickered back and forth, before Lydia ran a red light, just as Stiles turned down his window. That was one hell of a close call.

The jeep behind them stopped in the middle of the road. The girls started debating again about what they should do. Could they never agree on anything?

The front window of Lydia's car shattered into pieces as a deer charged into them. They scrambled to get out, while the boys ran over to them. There was a ringing in Jade's ear, even when the group started talking to her. What was it with cars crashing all the time? She didn't know where she was going, but she had to get out of there. She did the only thing she knew how to do; run like her life depended on it.

She bolted down the road, sprinting until her legs felt weak and she got a stitch in her side. She wobbled over to a nearby tree, throwing up.

God, she hated when other people drove.

~

"Rise and shine!" Allison exclaimed, pulling Jade's curtains wide open. Ignoring the grumbles from the blonde, she flopped onto the bed as it creaked. "Oops. Better not do that again. Come on! First day of school! And I promise me and Lydia won't pull you around the whole school considering you ran all the way home. Which, by the way, I could have picked you up."

Jade groaned, grabbing a pillow and firing it at her friend's face. She grabbed her alarm next, smashing it onto the floor. "No!" she hissed as Allison threw her duvet onto the floor.

"Come on! I've already made pancakes and coffee," she exclaimed. Jade perked her head up, dragging herself out of bed. That was one tactic, and she hated to admit it, but it worked.

~

"Freshmen. Tons and tons of fresh men!" Lydia pointed to some teens that had just walked through the double doors. Why was she always so happy in the morning? It was concerning.

"You mean fresh boys," Allison corrected, throwing her books into her locker. "Lydia, they're 14."

"Yeah. Might wanna start picking out the colour of your jumpsuit," Jade added.

"You know, it's okay to be single. Focus on yourself for a little while, work on becoming a better person."

"Alli, I love you. So if you need to do that thing where we talk about me and pretend like we're not actually talking about you, it's totally fine!" Lydia grinned. "But, I don't want a boyfriend. I want a distraction."

"Now, that. That I can get behind. So, come on Lydia, I also need to find a distraction. Who in here is attractive enough," Jade said, spinning on her heels.

Lydia's eyes fell on a pair of twins who were walking down the hallway. They were both dressed in leather, motorbike helmets under their arms. "Distraction."