"Sam's gone." 

"What? What do you mean?" I blinked a few times, still tired, trying to understand. 

"He's gone. He's not in our room, and he's not picking up his phone." He repeatedly racked his fingers through his hair, his large eyes searching my room, hoping he was here.

"Okay, okay. Slow down. Sit," I told Dean, pulling out a chair for him. 

"I don't want to sit down!" he snapped but took a deep breath and slumped down in front of me after a second. I sat down next to him. "I was sleeping, and when I woke up, he was just gone."

"Okay, he can't have gotten that far, right?" I grabbed my computer and turned it on, quickly letting my fingers tap on the keys, feeling my hope vanish a bit more each time I came up empty. "Why don't you make a few calls, ask around if anyone heard from him," I mumbled after I couldn't find his phone. Perhaps Sam had picked up on all my nagging about my rules after all. 

Dean pulled out his phone and began to dial some numbers. I zoned out, trying to find him. I checked the video cameras to see what car he had taken, ran the plates, and cross-checked them with highway cameras, only to conclude that he must have taken back roads. He hadn't used any credit cards yet, and none of my other tricks seemed to work. 

I spent hours looking, racking my brain, thinking of where he might go, and sat straight in my chair. 

"Dean," I whispered, making Dean look over at me in the middle of a phone call. "Have you called Ellen?" He nodded his head and began to wrap up his current call.

"Alright, Bobby, let me know if you hear from him." He flipped his phone shut and looked up at me. "Why would he go to Ellen's?"

"He wanted to find out more about what was going on, right? I must say, I am a bit offended that he didn't even ask me for help; I've got a folder thicker than his head... Either way, there is only one other person capable of finding the answers to what he is looking for," I concluded. 

"Ash," Dean said in realization. "You've got a folder on, Sammy?" he asked, and I nodded. 

"Duh."

 "Lemme see." 

I went back to one of my bags, and Dean called Ellen for a second time while I slammed the folder down on the table.

"When did you have time to put all this together?" Dean asked, wide-eyed, once he hung up. 

"I started it once John told me to hit the road," I shrugged. "He was pissed that I wanted to know why demons were so interested in his son, so... I figured it must have been something important he was hiding. The post-it notes among the file I left were just my initial thoughts on the matter. I've been adding stuff since I met you."

I flipped it open to the names I had written down. 

Andrew Gallager: Guthrie, Oklahoma

Max Miller: Saginaw, Michigan - deceased 

Sam Winchester: Lawrence, Kansas

Scott Carey: Lafayette, Indiana - deceased. 

/

Ansem Weems/Webber - deceased

"This is every person like Sam that I could find. I figured out pretty quickly what happened to Max," I gave Dean a look. "We met Andrew and Webber, and Scott Carey died a month back."

"How did he die?" 

"He was sabbed; I looked into it. Nothing supernatural about it. I bet you Ash will find these same names, and that's the only one Sam hasn't heard of before."