𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝐔𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐤

Reina turned to gaze at us as she finally realised that she had reached the end of her cliff

Reina turned to gaze at us as she finally realised that she had reached the end of her cliff. Her eyes were wide, and her lips were trembling.

That is precisely how I felt. Helplessness.

We walked past her. Heeseung paid no attention to her as if her presence were non-existent.

She was visibly shaken by the disheartening turn of events and appeared to be in despair.

If another person were to take a look at her position, they would most likely feel more compassion for her, not knowing the story behind her mask.

She would not be in this situation if she hadn't completely submerged herself in her self-centeredness.

She knows that she's the protagonist, but...

She doesn't deserve that role.

We stopped in front of Soojin, who had wide eyes and was utterly visionless of the situation unfolding before him.

He hurried past us to reach Reina's body after she collapsed.

In his view, it was the very first thing that should be done.

"What is... happening." 

Soojin glared at my stance, and so as  Heeseung's as he grabbed my hand, blocking my view from Soojin's darting ray. 

Indeed, he is utterly oblivious to Reina's motives. I could sense a glimmer of optimism in her eyes as she realised there was a chance.

"Soojin."
Heeseung paused. Everyone in the area could feel the tension he had built up.

His daggering voice lingered. Soojin glanced in his direction, his mind still racing with thoughts.

"Your empire has been humiliated, and your empress is to blame."
Heeseung expressed himself in a frigid manner.

Soojin's eyes began to twitch, and he could not comprehend what Heeseung had said about her.

"She was responsible for my poisoning. Your trust in the filthy woman is disappointing."
Heeseung glared at Reina, who was unable to utter a single word.