𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

We rose to our feet after finishing our supper

We rose to our feet after finishing our supper. The elderly men and ladies murmured their business plans as they strolled out of the room.

Heeseung and I, on the other hand, had been following them without saying anything.

Well, because I've been processing the information they talked about from the dinner.

They continued the chatter while escorting us visitors as we walked towards the castle's exit.

Finally, we arrived at the gates with the knights trailing our side.

They exchanged goodbyes, and with that, I followed them and bowed at the three of them.

"Oh, since there are two carriages waiting, how about Heeseung accompanying Princess Iseul?"

The king of Heilan suggested. I gulped, knowing that this man would probably just going to stare at me with his gaze if he sat across me.

I was about to decline the offer, mouth opening, when my mother interrupted me.

"Oh dear, of course. It will be a pleasure, right, Iseul?" She looked at me with those calm but forcing eyes.

Is this really my mother or my marionette?

I just forced a smile at her and the king, "Of course," Fvck no.

"Well, then. Heeseung, go ahead and take Princess Iseul with you."

I looked at him hesitantly and found him offering his elbow out for me to hold onto with his stare.

I wrapped my hands around his arm. I swallowed once more as I felt his muscles through the fabric. As I felt awkward, I loosened my grasp.

"Have a safe trip," I heard the four of them say their goodbyes.

We started to walk towards the carriage and eventually arrived at its front door.

I let go of his arm when he came to a halt, allowing me to step in first.