you're not mine 5

Y/N POV

Louis starts to remove his shirt and pants to change into his pajamas. I just stand there awkwardly not knowing what to do. He puts a cigarette in his mouth and lights it.

"You ok love?" He says looking over at me.

"huh? oh yeah, yeah i'm ok." I say.

"Is the cigarette bothering you? I'm sorry darlin' I'll put it out." He says.

"no! no! It's okay, it doesn't bother me." I say, but he puts the cigarette out anyway.

"The boys are so use to me doing that, I'm so comfortable around you I guess I just thought the same, I'm sorry love." He apologizes.

"It's okay Lou, I don't mind, really." I say.

"okay, well since the cigarette wasn't bothering you, what is?" He says taking a seat at the edge of the bed and patting the spot next to him so I'll sit.

I sit next to him and just get nervous again.

"i um, i uhh," I start, but can't seem to find the words to tell him I keep thinking about what even are we.

"I um, Liam said, or asked, w-what we are and i um, w-was kind of thinking of um, asking y-you the same thing." I say avoiding his eyes.

"Oh, so you did hear us." He says as I bite my lip and nod looking at him now.

"w-well, I've been thinking about that," he starts.

"I've been avoiding thinking about that." I admit.

"why?" He says looking over at me a little bit hurt.

"not because it doesn't mean anything to me! of course you mean so much to me, I just, I don't know how I feel about you, a-and I think that's what scares me,"

"i think I know how I feel about you I just, don't know how to, h-how to.." I continue.

"i-i feel the same way, I guess we're just scared of accepting that we're not just friends anymore and that, t-that we might have feelings for each other." He says softly.

"do you think you have feelings for me?" I say in an almost whisper but loud enough so he'll hear me.

He turns to look at me, he gently places both hands on each side of my face and brings our faces closer to together. I look deeply into his blue eyes, something inside of me wanted nothing else in the world but him in that moment. I feel a sense of warmth and comfort while he held me.

"I do Y/N, I really like you." He says.

Before he can say anything else, I press my lips against his. Our lips moving in unison as our bodies press closer together.

Something about being so intimate with him makes me feel comfortable. He makes me feel comfortable. I have never felt this way before, about anybody, not even Harry.

We finally pull away, our eyes still locked in.

"We've been friends for so long, this is gonna take some getting use to." I say.

"I agree, trust me."

"does this mean we're d-dating now?" I stutter a bit.

"I would love that," he says smiling while grabbing onto my hand. "but I am only willing to do anything you're comfortable with."

"It sounds good to me." I say reaching in for another kiss which makes him laugh.

Everything just happens so naturally, I was nervous about putting a label on what we are but I feel much better now that we've talked about it.