Outing: Coffee

AKI || POV

The bustling crowd of people inside the café, and the aroma of that bittersweet coffee; are quite nostalgic, if you ask me

Asami went to order our food at the cashier, she insisted that I and Kazuha would stay put at our table because someone might take it and the cafe was full of people. Honestly, I'm scared and uncomfy in these situations but since Asami is that happy with me starting to get better, might as well face my fears... Not to mention, Kazuha is here.

"Iced Caramel Macchiato," Kazuha started a conversation. I looked at him and tilted my head. "What about it?" I asked. "What does your order taste like? You seemed to have ordered it quite often." He continued.

"Oh, it has vanilla syrup, espresso shots, caramel sauce, and, obviously, ice." I described. "How about Vienna coffee?" He inquired further. Vienna coffee is the order Kazuha made. At first, he didn't know what to order but Asami recommended Vienna coffee to him. But back to his question, I don't know either. I've never tasted it.

"I don't know, obviously it has coffee but for other ingredients, nothing else; I've never tasted it," I explained. "It is alright, I asked about it because of its name," Kazuha mentioned.

"I'm pretty sure it originated from Austria? I could be wrong though." I said. "A country in Europe, am I correct?" Kazuha asked. My eyes slightly widened. How does he know? Did he seriously study geography on Earth? "Yes, you are." I nodded. "Did you seriously study geography?" I asked.

He nodded in response, "I've also studied literature, history, and science." Kazuha mentioned. "Of course, I have already studied these topics back on Teyvat, but as you've said, this world isn't the same as where I'm from. So, I studied several topics in my free time." It's... It's like he's flexing how smart and diligent he is in front of me.

"Oh, I'd also like to ask you about another thing," Kazuha said. "What are these... fanfictions? I've searched it up quite a few times, but I still haven't grasped its concept." I gasped on the inside.

He gets literature, history, and science and doesn't understand the concept of fan fiction?! Wait no, let's look at the question at hand. If I tell him about this, he'll find out about... those horrid, sexual, but sometimes funny and cute, works of writing that is about him!

Oh, he'll be uneasy about this- no, not only that, traumatized! "Uhm... I think it's better if you don't continue researching about it. Most of the time, it has very, very weird content, and I don't think you should see them..." I replied. He tilted his head slowly.

"Why so? I do not mean this negatively, but I have seen quite horrible in my life. I'm sure I'd handle it-" Kazuha stated. He was interrupted by a happy girl's tone. "I'm back!~ What did I miss?" Asami asked as she sat down beside me. She placed down a buzzer with her. "I asked Aki about this fan fiction, do you know anything about it?" Kazuha asked.