His Story Before Theirs

THIRD | POV

"Leave. Go away. Stay away-"

It was another day. The sun started to shine across the neighborhood. Aki was wide awake. She couldn't sleep at all. She glanced at clock and sighed. "I didn't sleep... Great." Aki sighed as she massaged her temples.

Aki communicated with Charis late at night, she couldn't wait. Out of excitement and anxiety, she didn't get any shut eye.

She stood up and looked at her reflection in the mirror. "God, I look like a mess." She said. Someone knocked on her door. "Aki!~ It's time to wake up! We have a long day ahead!" Someone exclaimed, who sounded like Asami. "I'll be right there..." Aki yawned.
After a few seconds, she went to her bathroom and took a shower.

Soon later, she started heading downstairs wearing a white shirt with jeans. Once she stepped down to the last step on the stairs, she smelled an amazing aroma.

"Oh, Aki. Come sit down! Kazuha's cooking." Asami said as she patted the seat beside her in the dining table. Aki started walking to the table and sat down. "What's for breakfast, Kazu?" Asami asked. Aki tilted her head. "Kazu...?" Aki asked. Asami nodded. "A nickname! I sometimes call you Kiki, and you sometimes call me Mimi. So, I decided to give Kazuha a nickname too!"

"Is he okay with it though...?" Aki asked. Kazuha giggled. "Of course, there's no harm in giving nicknames, is there?" Kazuha asked. He platted the food in a nice manner.

"Here is your breakfast." Kazuha said while he presented two dishes to the two. Both of them looked the same, but they were fascinating. Two Onigiris were on the corner of the plate then some eggrolls on the side. Kazuha served two sauces with the dishes. "Wow... These look... wonderful!" Asami exclaimed. Asami quickly grabbed the chopsticks and started eating.

"Mmm! They even taste good!" Asami said happily. Aki was just started to eat, but she didn't feel like it. She remembered that her brother might come home. She was anxious that her brother wouldn't like Kazuha living here.

"Aki?" Kazuha spoke. Aki snapped back to reality when she heard her name. "Are you alright?" Kazuha asked. Aki nodded. "Of course, I'm just still tired." Aki replied. She took the chopsticks and started eating.

A couple of hours later, Asami went home. Her home is an hour away, so she waited for a bit for her driver. Kazuha and Aki started heading to Yamaguchi Osamu's place. Fortunately, he lived in Kyoto. So, they don't have to travel too far. They started walking into a sinister feeling street, there was a few stray cats and dogs roaming around.

"Aw..." Aki uttered. "What's wrong?" Kazuha asked. "They look hungry." Aki said. "They look like they haven't ate for days." Kazuha observed the cats and dogs walking around. "Would you like to take them somewhere they can live?" Kazuha asked.